Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our first e-mail!!

Hey Mom,
We get to email on sunday and another day a week which is the day we're going to the temple. The MTC has been great so far. I'm getting used to the food it's alot different. The fresh fruit we get every meal is really good though. Ghana is a lot different than I expected. Ill be sure to send some picture pretty soon. I'm doing really good. The Frorers are awesome they are so nice. I had an interview today with him just so he ciould get to know me a little better. Sorry our phone call had to be so short but there were other Elders waiting in line and we had to hurry. Im glad I got to atleast call though. The elders here are really awesome. I'm rooming with 5 others. We have been split up so that every American has a companion from Africa. My companion is Elder Essego (Eh Say Go) and he''s really awesome. It sure is different having someone with me all of the time. I let him try a Clif bar and im not so sure if he liked it or not. Well its really hot and humid here. Like its crazy hot and humid. Im surviving though. I just cant wait to go outside. I'm sick of being in class all of the time but I know I need the learning. All of the African elders are so spiritual I was amazed. I was talking to some of the other American missionaries about how smart all of the African elders are and we are so amazed at it. They know what they are talking about, and are so excited to bring others unto Christ. I can't wait to be able to get out and to teach others the gospel. I have only been here two days and my testimony has grown so much. I'll be able to email you on wednesday I think but now I need to help my companion set his email up before dinner. I love you all so very much! Please let everyone know how much I love them and miss them. I'm so thankful for your prayers I feel them everyday. I love and miss you all. Remember ''The book is blue, The Church is true and God's a Mormon!''
 
Love,
Elder Smith

1 comment:

  1. That is a great letter! He is going to be such a great missionary!

    ReplyDelete