Elder Smith's district at the Temple
Elder Smith and his companion Elder E
Hello Family!!
How has everyone been doing this past week? My week has been really good but at the same time I'm so ready to get out of the MTC. Everything we've been doing just seems like a repeat of what we've already learned so I'm feeling pretty prepared. Our instructor said (probably just being nice), The missionaries in my district are more prepared than he was 4 months into his mission so that made me feel pretty good haha. So i dont know my first area or companion Ill find out on wednesday. We leave the MTC at like 6 Am and go to the mission home where, our president will give us info, let us meet our companion and our area, then we'll eat lunch and head out to our apartment and get to work. I really can't wait especially after our proselyting activity. Me and my companion we're dropped off at a market kinda thing in Tema and were given contact cards and 2 book or mormons. We placed both our book of mormons, contact cards, and pamplets. We got 5 contacts and 2 of them seemed really interested and one of them said he'd make it to church today so I felt like we did pretty good! It was a really good experience. I'm ready to go do that full time now. The French Fries were delicious but we didnt get fast food. Our instructor promised us some food tomorrow so i have my fingers crossed it will be Mcdonalds. My laundry has been done for me and i've even washed a couple things of my own by hand, its not that hard but they didnt teach us how. President Froerer told us that some apartments have washing machines and some dont it just depends so hopefull ill get a chance to use one sometime. And one of the missionaries in my district said he saw a landromat so? I dunno. My companion was really sick like when we got here and it wasn't that bad but he got better really fast, he's been fine. I've heard we get about US$140 a month in Cedi's which seems like. Everything seems really cheap here as long as its not made in the US. President Froerer said that a small bag of M&M's would cost like $20 so I'm sure he appreciated the ones from the Alba's. I'm surprised I didn't get your first package yet. Did you send it to the MTC or to the Mission home. It might be waiting for me there along with my letters you sent. I hope so, I broke down and ate some of my food I brought with me. Well as you can tell everything is going really good. I'm excited to get out and start teaching more people. I feel like I'm finally ready. I sent you a picture hopefully you'll get it! I love and miss you all so much!! Tell all my nieces and nephews I love and miss them!!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment