Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pig roast!!!


Dear Family,
How is everyone this week? I hope that everyone enjoyed going back to school! Things have been pretty good here this past week. We really focused on doing some solid finding for the end of the month and for
October. Since we will be traveling to Accra and most of the other districts this coming week we needed to really work hard in our own area. We found some really cool people to work with and I’m looking forward to the coming weeks working with them. The Dalton’s are coming to do an apartment inspection and then after we will be going to Asamankese for our big pig roast! I’m really excited. Well I wanted to tell you a funny story about a man we met. Well he has a very strong belief in the bible but he just doesn’t really understand it. He was reading probably in the Twi bible in Matthew 5:30 where it says “if thy right hand offends thee, cut it off”. At the time he had a problem with his thumb. It was really bothering him so taking the reference literally he cut it off. I was just amazed, I literally was speechless. Oh, I also had my party for my one year on Monday evening. It was a ton of fun! We had a ton of Pepsi and biscuits and my favorite fufu! It was pretty awesome! So I burnt some CD’s with pictures on it and I’ll send it home when we go to Accra this week.  I hope they will get to you in one piece! Well thanks again for all of your prayers and support! I love you all!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment