Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Monday, May 20, 2013


Dear Family,
Training is great! My new companion is Elder Thomas from New Mexico. Lets just say he is pretty legit. I'm excited to finish with him as my companion. We are having a great time together in Kasoa. He is a great teacher and surprisingly most of our investigators can understand him quite well. I figured it would take a while to get him a Ghanaian accent but for some reason most people already understand his accent.
It has been a bit of a difficult week. My companion came and the first night we had no power but the next day it came back and then went away again. So since Friday we have had no power. I think most of my food spoiled in the freezer. I'm not too happy. Well, anyway we've still had a pretty good weekend.

One of the nights we had no power we decided to move our mattresses and nets to the top of the roof to sleep. At about 3:30 in the morning Elder Thomas woke me up and told me it was about to rain. The clouds were kind of gathering and there was thunder and lightning. Then, as I was kind of waking up, I could hear a voice outside our compound in the street. All I could hear was, "Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!" I realized that there was a guy just wandering the streets chanting and yelling at the top of his lungs at 3 AM! We moved our stuff inside and within a few minutes the rain started coming down. I was still really just surprised that the man was there chanting at that time in the morning. Well last night I slept up there again, and this time around 4 I had woken up and sure enough there he was once again chanting, "Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!" It was crazy.
Well anyways enough silliness. I absolutely love the kids we have been teaching at Atta Maame. They are awesome. When Elder Draniikamate went to say goodbye to them on Tuesday we played soccer with them for like a good hour. It was so much fun. We are hoping that we will baptize 3 more of them this coming week. They are so awesome.

Things are really going great here. I love it. These past six months have been seriously some of the best times of my life. I can't even explain how awesome they have been. Being a missionary is so worth it.

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment