Dear Friends and Family,
Well this week has been pretty good here in Asuom. It's a lot different that is for sure, but I know it's where the Lord needs me to be. I'm enjoying the new area and of course I love the apartment. Well this coming Sunday is going to be a big day for us. We are planning on baptizing 7 candidates after church. That will be the most I have ever baptized in one day. I'm sure it will be a stressful week to prepare for that. Today, since my time is short I will tell you about one of the candidates that we are planning on baptizing. He is a boy around 18 years old. He is really a sincere kid and has been coming to church with his mother who is a member for the past few months. He has been helping to support his family in his job, I believe as a mason. Don't quote me on that but I think that should be right. Well his coworkers are not always the best company for him to keep and he picked up a few bad habits. He began to drink quite a bit and he as an addiction to tobacco. We've been working with him and he hasn't drank in over a month and it's been almost 2 weeks since his last cigarette. We feel that if he can make it to the end of the week that he'll have kicked the habit and will be able to stay away from it. We've been working really hard this week for him and we can really see the change that it has had in his life. The first time I met with him he was very quiet and almost seemed depressed. But in the last few times we've seen him, his countenance has completely changed. He looks happy and you can just tell how it has lightened the burdens that he has in his life. There's another really sweet girl that we are going to baptize with her mother on Sunday. I need much more time to tell her story so I'll tell you about her next Monday! Well I hope that everyone is doing well!!! I miss you all so so so much!
Love,
Elder Smith
Well this week has been pretty good here in Asuom. It's a lot different that is for sure, but I know it's where the Lord needs me to be. I'm enjoying the new area and of course I love the apartment. Well this coming Sunday is going to be a big day for us. We are planning on baptizing 7 candidates after church. That will be the most I have ever baptized in one day. I'm sure it will be a stressful week to prepare for that. Today, since my time is short I will tell you about one of the candidates that we are planning on baptizing. He is a boy around 18 years old. He is really a sincere kid and has been coming to church with his mother who is a member for the past few months. He has been helping to support his family in his job, I believe as a mason. Don't quote me on that but I think that should be right. Well his coworkers are not always the best company for him to keep and he picked up a few bad habits. He began to drink quite a bit and he as an addiction to tobacco. We've been working with him and he hasn't drank in over a month and it's been almost 2 weeks since his last cigarette. We feel that if he can make it to the end of the week that he'll have kicked the habit and will be able to stay away from it. We've been working really hard this week for him and we can really see the change that it has had in his life. The first time I met with him he was very quiet and almost seemed depressed. But in the last few times we've seen him, his countenance has completely changed. He looks happy and you can just tell how it has lightened the burdens that he has in his life. There's another really sweet girl that we are going to baptize with her mother on Sunday. I need much more time to tell her story so I'll tell you about her next Monday! Well I hope that everyone is doing well!!! I miss you all so so so much!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment