Dear Family,
Well another week has flown by. My week was very busy but it was a great week. On Tuesday we had our Zone Training Meeting. I've pretty much gotten used to leading and teaching missionaries but President Judd continually sets a high standard of teaching for us so I'm always trying to reach that level. I was a bit nervous just that I would be able to say the things that President Judd would have said if he were leading the meeting or even better if Christ was there, what he would say. Well it turned out that the meeting was pretty good. We'll be making some changes to the next one just to make it less rigid and formal, although we did a pretty good job. The senior couples told us how happy they were about it. I guess they sent a special email to President Judd about how good it was. Well at the last ZLC President Judd gave me and my companion a special assignment. In one of the areas in our Zone called Kade, the branch president’s wife had not been baptized. Missionaries had been working with her for over the last 4 years and still she wouldn't commit. She attended the church every Sunday but for one reason or another she wouldn't get baptized. Well our assignment was to baptize her by the end of the month. Going into it I was quite overwhelmed. Well Tuesday after the meeting we visited her and boy was she stubborn. She told us that everything that we had said was true. She knew the church was true and her only concern was that something needed to happen before her baptism, but she wouldn't tell us what. We told her to speak with her husband and we would come back to see her on Thursday and we'd find out where to go from there. On Thursday we travelled to Oda to do a baptismal interview and on the way back we stopped at the lady's home. As we began the lesson she told us that she will be baptized. Well I was a bit shocked. Miracles do indeed happen. She wants the baptism to be in December so that all her kids who will be going to school will be able to come home during vacation and witness the
baptism. We were really happy for her and the family. We are hoping however that we can do it before December but at the same time it would be a really awesome experience for the whole family to be united together! I sure hope that in the coming weeks everything will go well. On Wednesday we had our interviews with President Judd. They were awesome as usual he is such a loving and awesome man. He gave me a big hug afterword and told me how proud he is of me. It's always awesome being around him. After the interviews in Abomosu we got to ride back with President Judd and sister Judd to our apartment and they stayed the night in our landlord’s guest room. The bad thing about that was that our landlady complained to them about how we are lazy, But not in a bad way. She was telling him how we are always out of the apartment and we don't have enough time to keep a garden or to clean our apartment enough. It was like a criticism and compliment wrapped in one. So I think President took it for what it was worth. The baptisms on Saturday for Stephen and Kofi went really well. There weren’t too many people at the baptism but it was still a wonderful experience. Stephen asked if I could be the one to baptize him, Of course I loved that suggestion. The other day Stephen told us that we are like his sons and are always welcome at his house even if he is not there. He is such a great man and will be an awesome priesthood holder. His family is very interested in the church so hopefully we can get them in contact with the missionaries in Kumasi. Well I'm doing well. The work is going good. Life is Good. I hope that everyone has a great week!
Love,
Elder Smith
Well another week has flown by. My week was very busy but it was a great week. On Tuesday we had our Zone Training Meeting. I've pretty much gotten used to leading and teaching missionaries but President Judd continually sets a high standard of teaching for us so I'm always trying to reach that level. I was a bit nervous just that I would be able to say the things that President Judd would have said if he were leading the meeting or even better if Christ was there, what he would say. Well it turned out that the meeting was pretty good. We'll be making some changes to the next one just to make it less rigid and formal, although we did a pretty good job. The senior couples told us how happy they were about it. I guess they sent a special email to President Judd about how good it was. Well at the last ZLC President Judd gave me and my companion a special assignment. In one of the areas in our Zone called Kade, the branch president’s wife had not been baptized. Missionaries had been working with her for over the last 4 years and still she wouldn't commit. She attended the church every Sunday but for one reason or another she wouldn't get baptized. Well our assignment was to baptize her by the end of the month. Going into it I was quite overwhelmed. Well Tuesday after the meeting we visited her and boy was she stubborn. She told us that everything that we had said was true. She knew the church was true and her only concern was that something needed to happen before her baptism, but she wouldn't tell us what. We told her to speak with her husband and we would come back to see her on Thursday and we'd find out where to go from there. On Thursday we travelled to Oda to do a baptismal interview and on the way back we stopped at the lady's home. As we began the lesson she told us that she will be baptized. Well I was a bit shocked. Miracles do indeed happen. She wants the baptism to be in December so that all her kids who will be going to school will be able to come home during vacation and witness the
baptism. We were really happy for her and the family. We are hoping however that we can do it before December but at the same time it would be a really awesome experience for the whole family to be united together! I sure hope that in the coming weeks everything will go well. On Wednesday we had our interviews with President Judd. They were awesome as usual he is such a loving and awesome man. He gave me a big hug afterword and told me how proud he is of me. It's always awesome being around him. After the interviews in Abomosu we got to ride back with President Judd and sister Judd to our apartment and they stayed the night in our landlord’s guest room. The bad thing about that was that our landlady complained to them about how we are lazy, But not in a bad way. She was telling him how we are always out of the apartment and we don't have enough time to keep a garden or to clean our apartment enough. It was like a criticism and compliment wrapped in one. So I think President took it for what it was worth. The baptisms on Saturday for Stephen and Kofi went really well. There weren’t too many people at the baptism but it was still a wonderful experience. Stephen asked if I could be the one to baptize him, Of course I loved that suggestion. The other day Stephen told us that we are like his sons and are always welcome at his house even if he is not there. He is such a great man and will be an awesome priesthood holder. His family is very interested in the church so hopefully we can get them in contact with the missionaries in Kumasi. Well I'm doing well. The work is going good. Life is Good. I hope that everyone has a great week!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment