Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Monday, October 22, 2012

Tears of Joy


Dear Family,
Wow, well this week has gone by really fast and I’m struggling to
figure out what to write to you about without being redundant. The
week was really good for us. We went on exchanges with some
missionaries in Asamankese for a day and then also with the Abomosu
District Leader later in the week. Elder Henderson came here to Asuom
with me while my companion went to be with Elder Okungbowa in Abomosu.
Honestly the split was a much needed time for me. It was good to have
someone I could really talk to and we had a really good time. Having African companions is really awesome though. Well last week I talked about a woman we have been teaching named
Georgina Drah. After we were in Asamankese on our way back home we
stopped in Kade to meet with her. She fed us, which was awesome and
afterwards we had a really awesome lesson with her. The previous week
she accepted to be baptized but we hadn’t picked a date so this lesson
we decided we would teach her about faith and loving God with all our
heart, mind, and strength and then help her to pick a date for her
baptism. The lesson was really awesome and really powerful. Her major
concern was that she wanted her entire family to witness the baptism.
This is somewhat difficult in that the eldest schools in Accra, and
the next in Koforidua, and another in Oda. We helped work it out so
that we could arrange for someone to pick them all up so that we could
do the baptism as soon as possible. She then decided that we would do
the baptism on the 11th of November. Well yeah, that made our day. We
then each bore our testimonies and while doing this, Sister Drah began
to cry. Like actual tears coming down her face. You never and I mean
never see Ghanaian women cry. I was quite shocked. She really knows
what she is doing is really important. I cannot wait for the 11th of
November. It will be so cool to see the whole family together for this
event.
Well like always I just love Ghana. I was so blessed to be called to
serve my mission here. It has really changed my life. It has really
opened my eyes to what things matter most.
Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment