Dear Family,
Wow, What a week! Well it was a bit hectic getting everything arranged
for Elder Boateng to go to Accra and prepare for my new companion to
come here. On Tuesday my companion left for Accra with the Dalton’s
and I stayed in Abomosu with Elder Henderson and his companion. Then
on Wednesday we came to Accra to meet up with our new companions. My
companion is Elder Kyeremateng (chair – ma – tang) from Ghana. He is
really cool, super straight, and a hard worker. So he will really keep
me in line haha. I hope that he likes it in Asuom. He has been in the
bush his entire mission. I’m really excited to be his companion. It’s
going to be a fun transfer.
On Wednesday after transfers we stayed in Accra because we had to stay
the night for ZLC the following morning. Let’s just say Wednesday was
awesome. We spent most of the day in La seeing some of my people! It
was a blast. They were pretty excited to see me. We stopped and saw
Evelyn Ashie and her husband and talked to them for awhile then made
my way around to Muujeh! He had some food prepared for us and even
gave us dessert. It’s called borkina. They put fresh milk (like
straight from the cow) and old milk with some sugar and millet
altogether! It tastes like yogurt with millet inside it was really
delicious! I can’t wait to go back to Accra to get some more. Talking
to Muujeh was really fun. It sounds like La Ward is doing really well.
They are hopefully being split into 2 wards by the end of the year and
they have done the ground breaking for a chapel for them! Muujeh also
told me that all of my converts from La were active except for one!
Those are pretty good odds! After meeting with Muujeh I went and
surprised Evelyn and Rechel at their home. When they saw me I think I
nearly gave them a heart attack, they were quite shocked to see me.
Awhile later the Stake Presidents daughter who returned from her
mission while I was in La stopped by and told me that she is praying
that I will come back to La. Haha. I felt loved there for a second.
After talking with them for awhile we were picked up by the office
elders to take us back to the mission home. On the drive back I just
sat looking out the window watching Ghana fly by and just realizing
how fast the time goes. The past few months have been difficult for
me, but that one day in La made up for it all. It helped me to have a
new perspective on everything. I love Ghana. It’s such an amazing
place. I really could not see myself serving anywhere else in the
world. President also told us in ZLC that probably some of us would be
released to open new areas especially the La 2 ward. I’m praying that
it’s me. I would love to go back to La, but for now I am here in Asuom
and I do love it. It is the area that I am supposed to be in. I have
received that witness time and time again.
Well the baptism for Prince went very well. I was able to do the
baptism for him and it was a neat experience. Even though our numbers
were few the spirit was indeed manifest. I love being a missionary.
The experiences and the people I have met have forever changed my
life. It’s not easy, but it is worth it.
Love,
Elder Smith
Wow, What a week! Well it was a bit hectic getting everything arranged
for Elder Boateng to go to Accra and prepare for my new companion to
come here. On Tuesday my companion left for Accra with the Dalton’s
and I stayed in Abomosu with Elder Henderson and his companion. Then
on Wednesday we came to Accra to meet up with our new companions. My
companion is Elder Kyeremateng (chair – ma – tang) from Ghana. He is
really cool, super straight, and a hard worker. So he will really keep
me in line haha. I hope that he likes it in Asuom. He has been in the
bush his entire mission. I’m really excited to be his companion. It’s
going to be a fun transfer.
On Wednesday after transfers we stayed in Accra because we had to stay
the night for ZLC the following morning. Let’s just say Wednesday was
awesome. We spent most of the day in La seeing some of my people! It
was a blast. They were pretty excited to see me. We stopped and saw
Evelyn Ashie and her husband and talked to them for awhile then made
my way around to Muujeh! He had some food prepared for us and even
gave us dessert. It’s called borkina. They put fresh milk (like
straight from the cow) and old milk with some sugar and millet
altogether! It tastes like yogurt with millet inside it was really
delicious! I can’t wait to go back to Accra to get some more. Talking
to Muujeh was really fun. It sounds like La Ward is doing really well.
They are hopefully being split into 2 wards by the end of the year and
they have done the ground breaking for a chapel for them! Muujeh also
told me that all of my converts from La were active except for one!
Those are pretty good odds! After meeting with Muujeh I went and
surprised Evelyn and Rechel at their home. When they saw me I think I
nearly gave them a heart attack, they were quite shocked to see me.
Awhile later the Stake Presidents daughter who returned from her
mission while I was in La stopped by and told me that she is praying
that I will come back to La. Haha. I felt loved there for a second.
After talking with them for awhile we were picked up by the office
elders to take us back to the mission home. On the drive back I just
sat looking out the window watching Ghana fly by and just realizing
how fast the time goes. The past few months have been difficult for
me, but that one day in La made up for it all. It helped me to have a
new perspective on everything. I love Ghana. It’s such an amazing
place. I really could not see myself serving anywhere else in the
world. President also told us in ZLC that probably some of us would be
released to open new areas especially the La 2 ward. I’m praying that
it’s me. I would love to go back to La, but for now I am here in Asuom
and I do love it. It is the area that I am supposed to be in. I have
received that witness time and time again.
Well the baptism for Prince went very well. I was able to do the
baptism for him and it was a neat experience. Even though our numbers
were few the spirit was indeed manifest. I love being a missionary.
The experiences and the people I have met have forever changed my
life. It’s not easy, but it is worth it.
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment