Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dear Family,
      How is everyone doing back home? This week has sure been another hectic week as there are just so many different things to take care of and balance. It sure is not easy, but it’s fun. I do seriously love my area. My recent converts here are just so awesome. They are always coming teaching with us and giving us referrals. Things are just going really well. Today is one of our recent converts birthday so we are having a combined birthday party this evening. We are pretty excited about that. Hopefully it will be banku and pepper! I think we will go and buy a cake somewhere as well. It would be fun for them to have their own birthday cake!
      On Sunday Joshua and Richard were interviewed by our Branch President to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood, and then during the week they met with the Stake Presidency and on Saturday they both were ordained Elders! We were invited to witness and it was a really cool experience. We have been working really closely with them, teaching them about the Priesthood and their responsibilities. It has really been cool to see them learning. Joshua seriously never stops amazing me. His knowledge of the church and the Gospel is amazing. I have loved being around him. I am so happy to have been a part of his conversion and I can’t wait for him to serve a mission. He will be a great one!
      This week I had the opportunity that I never thought I would ever have. The Elders in Cantonments, Elder Beaufeaux and Elder Bichanga have been teaching this Chinese family. The Elders there have been teaching them for over six months now but the mother Suzie, received an answer to her prayers and had the desire to be baptized. So, this week I was able to interview her for her baptism. It was very interesting in that she speaks about 10 words of English the rest just Chinese. So with the help of her friend and a bit of assistance from Google translate I was able to interview her for her baptism. It was really cool. Seeing someone who came from knowing nothing about the bible or about Christ and now has found the true church in GHANA and has found the desire to be baptized. Hearing her pray as we closed the interview was just a really cool experience. Something I will never forget. I was happy to attend her baptism on Saturday and it was really an awesome experience. She was so happy and excited. Her whole family was there in attendance and they two are making progress to being baptized.
Missionary work is divine!
Love,
Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment