Dear Family,Well unfortunately I’m always on the run so… once again it may be a very short email. I am sorry but I am ever anxious to go and ingest some delightful fufu and peanut soup. I cannot wait. This week has been an awesome week. So many people have been wishing me Happy Birthday and it’s been great. We really have had a great week. We started it off on Monday celebrating one of my recent converts birthdays! We had some banku and pepper and fish! It was absolutely awesome! Then we did the tradition of pouring water on the birthday girl. I sure felt bad for her. But it was fun and since she is living away from her family because of school, I am sure she enjoyed us coming to celebrate her birthday with her.On Tuesday we had a pretty epic day. We baked a chocolate cake in the morning and frosted it with delicious cream cheese frosting and ate it after our district meeting. Then we went and had some pizza, then a bit later we met up with some missionaries in Tema and they were eating at a BBQ place so I went and had a nice chicken sandwhich, then in the evening Elder Boateng invited us to a place called papaya where they sell really good American food, and he bought me a burger, and half chicken with fries! Then as soon as we got home sister Judd brought us more cake to celebrate! As you can see, I ate too much food that day.I also was able to help some of my recent converts here prepare their genealogy for our upcoming temple trip this Saturday. It has been so fun to see their interest grow and their desire to help others. I was able to take my pedigree chart along to show them and they found it pretty cool! So I am really looking forward to this weekend and going to the temple with my recent converts! That will be the best birthday present.Lastly we were able to have a baptism for Brother Nkansah and also Brother David. Both of them are referrals from my recent converts. They are really awesome individuals. Both of them are very humble but both so very willing to learn and also to teach others. It was a privilege to be there to witness that great event.As always life is so very good. Even when it is hard it is still good. I absolutely love it.Love,Elder Smith
Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission
Monday, March 25, 2013
Life is so very good
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment