Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission
Monday, July 1, 2013
Last Week in the Ghana Accra Mission
Dear Family,
Well this is the last week that I will be in the Ghana Accra Mission. As of next Monday I will be serving in the newly created Ghana Accra Mission. I'm not sure how everything will work out when I am going home but I guess we will see in the next 6 weeks.
Transfers are this Wednesday, and as it is looking, it looks like my area will be splitting and both My Companion and I will get new companions. I am hoping that this week we will really be able to get the area well set up, so that everything will go smoothly these next few months as the new mission gets the ball rolling. I am very anxious to meet the new Mission President and his wife, President and Sister Hill. I'm sure it will be a great opportunity to go home under them. I do feel honored to be able to say that I helped open a new mission! haha.
More importantly, though, we had another baptism yesterday for Brother Felix and Emmanuel Budu. Felix is the young man I spoke about a few weeks ago who had quite the miracle happen after we met him. On Thursday we had the opportunity to go with him to Accra to meet with President Judd. On the way there a young lady sitting behind him asked if we were Latter-Day Saints and he introduced himself and began to tell her about the church. I was so tempted to take over and introduce myself but I really wanted to see how he would do. He did wonderful. He exchanged numbers with her and invited her to church. He explained a lot about the church and it was so cool to see him offering his testimony of the church. Just another reason why I love Ghana everyone is so willing to share their testimonies to others.
Emmanuel Budu is a young man who is living with a member of the bishopric in a village outside Kasoa called Bawjiase. We've been able to go there a few times to teach him and meet the family. They are basically awesome. I love going there.
Love,
Elder Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment