Dear Family,
Well it has been a really long week. An interesting one but a long one. Tuesday morning we got the call that both Elder Nketsiah and I were being transferred. Ah! I didn’t expect that at all. Actually I was quite convinced that Elder Evensen and I would not be transferred. So Tuesday I packed all of my stuff and I even had to leave some of my precious ramen in Konongo since it wouldn’t fit. We went to Nkawkaw for the last time since the branch asked us too and we had 3 huge FM’s in like 6 hours. We arrived at 12 and Brother Koomson, a returned missionary who actually started the branch in Konongo, made us some banku with delicious Okra stew. I normally hate okra stew because it is just a bland slimy soup with lots of okra, but this one was delicious. To top it off Bro. Koomson’s wife left us to watch 24 on her TV. It would be rude to tell her we couldn’t watch it so… yeah we got to watch Jack Bauer save America. It was really quite awesome. Then we came back to her house 2 hours later because she wanted us to eat some Fufu and she hadn’t finished pounding it yet then at like four we went to Brother Theo’s house and his wife made us Banku and Groundnut soup. Yes this is why I have gained 25lbs. Well Wednesday early we left our companions for Accra and we had car problems the whole day. Our first trotro left really late, then our bus broke down like an hour outside of Accra about the time we needed to have arrived at the mission home. So we took a really crappy bus the rest of the way but they still didn’t quite take us all the way. We stopped and tried to get a taxi and while we were waiting some guy tried to steal stuff from my pack but… people around us noticed and yelled at him and told me to check my stuff. Luckily everything was okay and we made it to the Mission Home without incidence. I met my new companion Elder Akak from Nigeria. He is the District leader in West Adenta which is a somewhat nicer part of Accra. He has been out only 4 transfers so we are the youngest companionship in the mission. Elder Akak thinks that I’m geting trained to be a leader. I don’t know about that. Well the apartment is really nice, supposedly the nicest in the mission. We don’t have AC but we do have hot water heaters in all the bathrooms so it’s quite awesome. The big Accra Mall is very close to my area and there is even a nice American restaurant nearby run by a Cuban lady so I’m looking forward to that. Well Adenta is a really dirty, hot, and soon to be dry area. The area were in has a very big ward. The building is like an actual church building and the classes are all in english even sacrament meeting! I loved it. I bore my testimony yesterday and man it seemed awesome, I wanted to stay up there and talk for like 15 minutes haha. Well they're currently working on building another building for our ward because most of the members are a bit far from the chapel. The ward is supposed to be quite strong. One of the Nigerian mission presidents is from this ward and the stake president is also from our ward. The bishop is also a really great man. I really love this ward it’s almost like home. The people are really cool and I’ve really enjoyed it so far! So everything is going great!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment