December 26, 2011
Dear Family,
Well since I was able to talk to you all yesterday I'll keep this email short. Well I had a really good week for Christmas. It was nice to have this small break this week. The beginning of the week was pretty good, nothing too exciting happened. We had the Christmas conference on Thursday and it was really good. I enjoyed seeing some of the other Missionaries that were in the MTC with me, and being able to hang out with my trainer. We had a talent show which was . . . interesting. I don't think President Judd was too impressed with a lot of the talents. The Polynesians serving here did the Hakka and it was pretty legit. It really scared Sister Dalton I think she started crying. After that we had a little devotional where President and Sister Judd talked to us and gave time for us to bear our testimonies. The testimonies were really good. It was mostly missionaries who were almost finished with their mission, just giving their last words. Elder Cserepes, my good friend, from the MTC bore his testimony and talked about, how before he left on his mission, none of his family was active, but now his parents are going to church and his brother is preparing to go through the temple. It was a really neat testimony. Elder Cserepes is a great guy I really hope I can be his companion sometime. After the testimonies Elder Curtis from the Quorum of the 70 spoke to us about the atonement and the significance of Christ's birth. It was a really good talk. They are doing a mission tour like in January or February with Elder Curtis and Elder Sitati which will be pretty cool. I'm excited for that. Well on Saturday we went to Elder Ahajie's an Area Seventy for his Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. Then we went to our ward party and Elder Quinn and I left to go to an American restaurant for dinner. We have a baptism planned for Saturday so that should be good. Well Africa really is being blessed because of the Gospel. President Judd was telling us that he feels that Ghana has been protected by the Lord for a special reason. In his devotional talk he promised us some really cool things. He promised us that if we all work to be more pure that the small branch in Ho will be a Stake by the next year, and that there are missionaries here who will be able to serve in Tamale. I was quite amazed that he promised us that. Tamale is clear up north! Finally yesterday I got to talk to all of you! So it was definitely a good week! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
Well since I was able to talk to you all yesterday I'll keep this email short. Well I had a really good week for Christmas. It was nice to have this small break this week. The beginning of the week was pretty good, nothing too exciting happened. We had the Christmas conference on Thursday and it was really good. I enjoyed seeing some of the other Missionaries that were in the MTC with me, and being able to hang out with my trainer. We had a talent show which was . . . interesting. I don't think President Judd was too impressed with a lot of the talents. The Polynesians serving here did the Hakka and it was pretty legit. It really scared Sister Dalton I think she started crying. After that we had a little devotional where President and Sister Judd talked to us and gave time for us to bear our testimonies. The testimonies were really good. It was mostly missionaries who were almost finished with their mission, just giving their last words. Elder Cserepes, my good friend, from the MTC bore his testimony and talked about, how before he left on his mission, none of his family was active, but now his parents are going to church and his brother is preparing to go through the temple. It was a really neat testimony. Elder Cserepes is a great guy I really hope I can be his companion sometime. After the testimonies Elder Curtis from the Quorum of the 70 spoke to us about the atonement and the significance of Christ's birth. It was a really good talk. They are doing a mission tour like in January or February with Elder Curtis and Elder Sitati which will be pretty cool. I'm excited for that. Well on Saturday we went to Elder Ahajie's an Area Seventy for his Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. Then we went to our ward party and Elder Quinn and I left to go to an American restaurant for dinner. We have a baptism planned for Saturday so that should be good. Well Africa really is being blessed because of the Gospel. President Judd was telling us that he feels that Ghana has been protected by the Lord for a special reason. In his devotional talk he promised us some really cool things. He promised us that if we all work to be more pure that the small branch in Ho will be a Stake by the next year, and that there are missionaries here who will be able to serve in Tamale. I was quite amazed that he promised us that. Tamale is clear up north! Finally yesterday I got to talk to all of you! So it was definitely a good week! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Elder Smith
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment