Dear Family,
How is everyone doing this week? I was glad to get emails from everyone! This week has been a bit of a not so great week. It started out pretty good but Tuesday it didn’t turn out so well. We went to Nkawkaw and I got hit by a car. Luckily it wasn’t anything to bad it was just the mirror that hit me, but yeah if he would have been driving like 5 inches closer it wouldn’t have been too good. The driver tried to make things right by giving us a bag of oranges. Well I got back to Konongo and I was ridiculously tired and to make my day worse the light was out so it was stifling hot in our apartment and we couldn’t use the fans. It turned out my 10 cedi ice cream also melted in the freezer. I again was not happy. So usually I have a routine of things to do before I go to bed but that night I just went right to bed. The light was then off and on all night long. It was ridiculously hot and I couldn’t sleep. Well when I woke up the next morning and the light was still off which means no shower. Elder Evensen then told me that the Zone Leaders called us and informed us that they’re going to put new missionaries in Nkawkaw so we would only be for Konongo. Yeah that pretty much made my bad day turn into a miserable week. I was not happy, I’m still a bit upset that we’re losing Nkawkaw, I love it there! Ahh! So Thursday we went to Nkawkaw and went to the top of the mountain and you better believe I took lots of pictures! It’s absolutely beautiful up there. I’m hoping that we’ll get to go back sometime because I really love it there. Konongo is really lame compared to Nkawkaw but we’ll survive. It will be good that we only have one area to focus on but still. Yeah this week has been a bit of a struggle but I’m managing. I am looking forward to Tuesday because the ward members in Nkawkaw will be feeding us so we’ll have like 3 FM’s. I can’t wait! I’m looking forward to Christmas though! Pretty soon I’ll get to talk to you all!
Well I’m glad everyone got they’re letters! I’ll be sending a few more this week I hope everyone can get them before Christmas but there’s no guarantees. It’s weird here they have started to play Christmas music in the street and it’s getting hotter. I feel so confused haha. And it definitely does not seem like December already. That’s fun that you got to watch Ethan and Jackson. Dallan and Ethan look the same as they did when I left, but man Jackson is growing fast!
Since they’re putting a new companionship in Nkawkaw I don’t think I’ll be transferred. I’ll be really disappointed if I am transferred to be honest. But whatever happens will be good! It looks like Elder Gurr’s companion Elder Nketsiah will be transferred. I’m pretty bummed about that because I’m really getting to be good friends with him. Don’t worry about me not taking my Doxy. I have been taking it every day. I still sleep under my net. I don’t want to get Malaria. So I honestly haven’t had runny tummy at all. Like every once in awhile I will but very rarely. So the KFC was like 11 cedis. Which isn’t too bad but it’s really expensive compared to other food here. But it was worth it. Haha. I can’t wait to call on Christmas. The Christmas conference will be on the 23rd in the morning sometime and we’ll stay the night in Accra and then the next day Elder Ahadjie one of the Area 70’s has a big party for all the missionaries at his house so we’ll get to go to that and then we’ll head back to Konongo that evening. I haven’t run into Elder True since the MTC. I haven’t seen anyone really besides Elder Cserepes, Christensen, and White.
I can tell some of the other Elders are struggling, but I’ve really been blessed. I look back at everything and I know that the Lord has blest me more than I ever have before. When I normally would really struggle I’ve found incredible help. I love being a missionary. It’s definitely hard but it’s definitely worth it.
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment