Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

An Apostle Visits

Dear Family,
Well this week has been pretty good. We got to meet with Elder Holland on Monday and again on Wednesday. On Monday it was really great because we all got to go through and shake hands with him and his wife and Elder Snow and his wife. It was really cool to be able to talk to an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. We really enjoyed hearing from him and hearing from Elder Snow. They videoed the talk and they said it would be posted on the LDS website sometime soon. I'm not sure when or where but I guess in the next couple weeks they will be putting out the video from apostles going all over the world. He talked to us Monday about the tradition of Missionary work. He stressed and when I say stressed I mean chastised us that we don't have the right to compromise that tradition. It was a really good talk and I hope that you will be able to watch it. On Wednesday we went again to hear him speak to the members. That talk was really good. I got to see some of my old investigators from West Adenta there and they really enjoyed being there. He talked about the church and how far it's come and how it has to be the true church. I was really amazed just to hear how much he loves Ghana. Even before he begins his talk you can tell he was quite emotional. He has a great love for this Africa. I know why. This place is amazing. Yeah it's not perfect, it has a lot of problems but there is something different about it. The people here are just incredible. It amazes me to see the faith in the members and even the investigators. There is an old man in our ward he must be like 90, like he is really old. He really has trouble walking but he walks heaven knows how far every Sunday to come to church. He knows that it's where he needs to be. Elder Hurley and I are doing really well together. We have some really cool investigators we are teaching, but we both have a feeling that he may be transferred next Wednesday. I’ll be really disappointed if that happens, but we'll see. Well I miss everyone so much! They called the new mission president and he is from South Africa. I would love to go there but I know the Lord will send me where I am needed most.

Much Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment