Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Monday, February 6, 2012

Elder Holland to visit, expecting a busy week

Hello everyone! 
Thank you all for your emails! It sounds like everyone is doing well! I'm happy to hear that Romney is plowing through the primaries. I am definitely disappointed though that Ron Paul isn't doing great. Well anyways on to important things. This week has been pretty good. We have 3 baptisms this weekend which will be good. We have been teaching Brother Jonathan. He doesn't speak English very well but he speaks pigeon. Pigeon is like crazy English mixed with twi. It's really hard to understand. Trying to figure out which words I know and which ones I need to translate into English. Well we have usually been teaching him with a member and he will interpret for us, but this week we haven't been able use him. Well we needed to teach Brother Jonathan the commandments before his interview and I was really worried we wouldn't be able to understand each other at all. But I can definitely testify that the Lord can bless us with the Gift of Tongues and the Gift of the interpretation of tongues. We could communicate as if there was no language barrier at all between us. I still am amazed at how well it went.                        Well a funny thing happened this week. Last Sunday after our baptismal candidates were confirmed the Bishop met with them and interviewed them so they could go to the temple to do proxy baptisms on Saturday. We assumed that Bishop would at least tell them what they were doing at the temple. So they received the Aaronic priesthood and everything throughout the week and one of them Brother Abraham was really excited to go. Well Saturday morning he didn’t go to the chapel to meet he just went straight to the temple with his recommend. So he had heard members talk about going through a session so he was trying to tell the temple workers he was doing a session but they told him no he needed to do baptisms and he was really confused because he had already been baptized. haha. So I get a call in the morning from him and he was asking me what he should do. If he should go through a session or baptisms. So I had to explain to him that he was doing baptisms. He said okay and everything was good. Well. later I come to find out that after that he went to the distribution center and he saw people buying temple garments so he thought he should try to buy some too since he was baptized again and he was so confused. Luckily there was someone there to help him out. I thought it was pretty funny.          
Well Elder Holland is coming this next week to speak to us. I'm pretty excited for it but now this week I have an extra bit of stress. We found out on yesterday that Elder Holland will be visiting my ward next Sunday. Talk about scary. I am really hoping we have a lot of investigators come to church on Sunday. I hope he doesn't want to inspect our apartment. I was nervous enough from having Elder Sitati come. Now I could possibly have an Apostle inside my apartment asking me about my area and inspecting my area book and planner and such. Yeah... I'm nervous. But all shall be well. I'm really looking forward to this coming week! I hope everyone has a good week!
I love you all!,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment