Dear Family and Friends,
How is everyone doing? I hope all is well back home for everyone! My week has been a pretty good one. On Monday night I got the phone call from President that I had a new assignment. So yeah I guess I will be training a new missionary this transfer. I was really nervous at first but I went to trainers’ council during the week and I'm really looking forward to this opportunity to train. Elder Hurley was really disappointed that he will be transferred. He was hoping that we would stay together for at least one more transfer but I guess President Judd had other things in mind. We are not sure where he will go yet or who his new companion will be but we're excited to find out. Well as far as this week has gone it's been pretty good. We have had a ton of FM's this week. We've had kenkey and pepe twice in the same day. I thought I was going to die. But I was really excited because at the second one the member who feeds us had just caught and killed a grasscutter that was around his house. I have a picture of me holding it but... it was with my companion’s camera and he just mailed his cards home. So if they make it to his house with no problem then I'll have them email them to me or to you. Well anyways they cooked the grasscutter for us on Thursday I and it was really good. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite meat here in Ghana. Well apart from that the FM's have been pretty uneventful. We have some really cool investigators that we are teaching now. We just baptized one investigator on Saturday. The baptism was really good quite a bit of the ward was there and me and Elder Hurley didn't need to do anything for the program it was wonderful. We were really glad to baptize her on Saturday, we had to postpone it a few times because of some small problems we had to fix, but finally we got everything worked out and the baptism went very well.
Well now for the bad news. So I said that my toe was okay well. I guess that was a bit of a lie. It hadn't gotten much better so I finally talked to Elder Fife (the area doctor) and so on Saturday morning we went to the area office to have it looked at. Well to make a long story short he decided to shoot my toe up with some drugs which hurt probably worse than anything I've felt before. haha, and then he stuffed some cotton under the corner of my toe and now I really do have to soak it twice a day and continue to shove cotton between the nail and the skin. Today I will call him and tell him how things are going and sometime this week he will look at it and decide whether to take part of the nail off or to just cut off my toe completely. Just Kidding. That was my suggestion he didn't think it was a good one. So yeah, it's been a bit of a painful week, but it hasn't been hurting as bad since then. I'm just disappointed now because I'm forbidden from wearing shoes for like a month. Only sandals, with socks. I'm going to look like a loser. haha. Well anyways things are going really good for me here! I love you all and I hope you enjoy the pictures!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment