Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Monday, March 12, 2012

Going to miss Sister Leticia

Dear Family and Friends,
Well this week has been a little rough. I’ve had a bad head ache most of the week. Sister Judd thinks I probably have a sinus infection or that I’ve been dehydrated.  So, I’ve been drinking lots of fluids and hopefully, if it is dehydration, I will start feeling better soon. If it doesn’t get any better I’ll call  Elder Fife and see if I can get some medication for the sinus infection if that is what is causing my head aches. Don’t worry too much, Sister Judd is really watching out for me. I just love President and Sister Judd. I could not ask for a better couple to lead the mission.  
We had a baptism scheduled for Friday and the investigator did not show up, this was kind of discouraging. So, Saturday we did quite a lot of teaching, but only a couple of investigators were at church Sunday, that was also a bit discouraging. Aunt Leticia a lady in the ward that takes really good care of us Elders is going back to the United States. She travels back and forth every few months. She joined the Church while she was in the US, but was born in Ghana. Saturday evening we went to see Sister Leticia and she made some Tang for us, it was delicious! She also sent us back with some Martinellis apple juice!! I think I’ll save it for my birthday. I’m going to miss her while she is back in the US. I just hope I get to see her again before my Mission is over, if not then someday I’ll have to plan on a trip to the east coast when I get off my mission to see her again. I’ve attached two pictures for you one is a young boy wearing a Utah State shirt (wow a USU fan in Africa) and then a picture of Aunt Leticai with Elder Andoh and I. Elder Andoh is doing really well. He’s really nice and we’re getting along pretty well. He is from the central region. I think it’s a place called Winneba. It was nice to hear about all the things going on back home. I’m glad Casey is doing well in wrestling and it was pretty neat to hear that Evanston’s basketball team won State. Well that is about all the exciting things going on this last week. I hope we have a more productive week this week. I also hope we get water back in to our apartment (it’s been out since last Friday). I’m also hoping my toe and sinuses are better. It’s kind of hard working when you ache from head to toe. Haha  I love and Miss you all.
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment