Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Together Forever only in the Temple and a blessing of healing

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope that everyone has had a good week! Mine's been really good! My birthday was awesome and the week has been really good with some small disappointment as usual. So, first of all I thought maybe I would share a short explanation of one of my investigators. Her name is Dede and we've been teaching her for some time now. She is probably one of my favorite investigators that I've had. She is really intelligent and just asks so many questions it's so much fun to be able to teach her. Well lately most of her questions have been directed toward the temple. Why we have the temple? What happens there? Many questions like this. It was a perfect opportunity to be able to bear my testimony about the importance of temples. She had just recently been married and I just told her about how in the temple families are sealed together forever and I explained how much it meant to me. It was such a great lesson to be able to teach and for her to learn. It was a really awesome lesson. Well her father had just recently had a stroke and the day after our lesson he was in critical condition at the hospital so we arranged for the missionaries in that area to visit him with Sister Dede. Everything worked out and they gave him a blessing and taught him about the Restoration. The next day sister Dede called me and told me that her father just called her and he is doing really well. He was walking and planning on going back to work today. She was so excited and happy that he had been miraculously healed. This really increased my testimony in the power of the Priesthood. The father is now learning with the missionaries and Sister Dede is planning on being baptized this next month! My birthday on Monday was really good. My hamburgers were delightful and some members baked me a cake it was awesome!!  Well I love and miss you all!
Love,
Elder Smith

1 comment:

  1. Sister Smith,

    I just sent a response to your request to post a story you saw on our son's blog. I'm not familiar with how you will receive that comment. We just now noticed the comment and wanted you to know that you are welcome to use the story.

    ReplyDelete