Dear Family and Friends!
How is everyone doing? Well it sure is weird to think that I am now no longer a teenager! Wow! It really is weird to think that I am 20. Time sure has flown by. Well I'm sure you will all be happy to hear that I have had a good birthday so far! Woke up washed some clothes by hand for a little over an hour and took a long sweaty drive on a run down tro tro to shoprite. This is where my day took a remarkable turn. I bought some hamburgers, some cheese, buns, potatoes and even some lays potato chips. After I finish emailing you all I am going to go home and have a cook out with my district. Needless to say I'm ridiculously excited. We are also going to enjoy the martinelli's apple juice a member gave to us and I even bought me a chocolate cake. So, if anyone is worried that I won't have a good birthday don't worry any more, I'm really going to enjoy. Well this week was pretty good. We had interviews with President Judd and got lectured for over an hour how we need to use our nets and doxy. Ugh. Interviews with President went really well, I really do love President Judd. Well this week we have some really cool people we are teaching. We baptized one man this Saturday. It was a bit unplanned. We were teaching him for awhile and he was supposed to be baptized on the 24th but he was moving back to South Africa on the 20th so we had his baptism on Saturday and it went really well. I got to do the baptism and it was a really good experience. After I did the baptism he was so happy and he looked at me and just told me thank you so very much and how relieved he felt now. It was really cool to be able to see the Gospel really change lives. It truly is the greatest blessing from serving a mission is being able to see the change in people. See the increase in joy in all aspects of their life. It is amazing to bring people closer to our Savior because every time you do it you feel closer yourself. I have really been blessed to be here teaching people about the Gospel. It's the best thing I could be doing.
Love,
Elder Smith
How is everyone doing? Well it sure is weird to think that I am now no longer a teenager! Wow! It really is weird to think that I am 20. Time sure has flown by. Well I'm sure you will all be happy to hear that I have had a good birthday so far! Woke up washed some clothes by hand for a little over an hour and took a long sweaty drive on a run down tro tro to shoprite. This is where my day took a remarkable turn. I bought some hamburgers, some cheese, buns, potatoes and even some lays potato chips. After I finish emailing you all I am going to go home and have a cook out with my district. Needless to say I'm ridiculously excited. We are also going to enjoy the martinelli's apple juice a member gave to us and I even bought me a chocolate cake. So, if anyone is worried that I won't have a good birthday don't worry any more, I'm really going to enjoy. Well this week was pretty good. We had interviews with President Judd and got lectured for over an hour how we need to use our nets and doxy. Ugh. Interviews with President went really well, I really do love President Judd. Well this week we have some really cool people we are teaching. We baptized one man this Saturday. It was a bit unplanned. We were teaching him for awhile and he was supposed to be baptized on the 24th but he was moving back to South Africa on the 20th so we had his baptism on Saturday and it went really well. I got to do the baptism and it was a really good experience. After I did the baptism he was so happy and he looked at me and just told me thank you so very much and how relieved he felt now. It was really cool to be able to see the Gospel really change lives. It truly is the greatest blessing from serving a mission is being able to see the change in people. See the increase in joy in all aspects of their life. It is amazing to bring people closer to our Savior because every time you do it you feel closer yourself. I have really been blessed to be here teaching people about the Gospel. It's the best thing I could be doing.
Love,
Elder Smith
P.S. Well there is one thing that I need to tell you. On Tuesday we had interviews with President Judd and near the end of the interview he made me promise that I would email you this week and tell you some things from him. He says to tell you thanks for raising such a great young man and that I really am the missionary that you think I am. Well I love you so very much mom! I miss you! Don't worry about me not getting cake for my birthday. I have some at my apartment and I believe that a member is planning on making us some cake this evening for my birthday! So I will have a wonderful birthday! I love you so very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment