Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Companion and a Baptism


Hey Family,
Well well well. This week has been interesting. I got a new companion on Wednesday. His name is Elder Mamo from Ethiopia. He's really pretty cool but he is very quiet. I think it will take some time for the ward to get used to him. They have been used to having some loud missionaries. It will be a bit of a change. The other struggle is that I absolutely love fufu and banku and my companion can't eat either of them. So it limits the things I eat, but it is okay, I really don't need any more starch in my diet. Well we got to spend quite a bit of time with Muujeh going around trying to find some new investigators. Since He knows about all of Labadi we were quite successful we thought. But sadly at church on Sunday we had very few investigators at church. It was really disappointing but the ones who did come to church are ready to be baptized, so hopefully in the coming weeks we will be able to do it. We did have a baptism on Saturday but sadly for only one of the candidates. Things happened in the week that made us decide to put the baptisms for them off a bit for the next weeks. But even though we were having only the one it was probably one of the most stressful baptisms I've had. It seemed like everything was going wrong. We had problems with baptismal clothes, towels, getting someone to preside, getting transport, getting a program lined up all 30 minutes before the baptism is supposed to begin. I must say though that I am very blessed to be able to go to the temple site to do our baptisms. As we just walked through the gate to the grounds I felt peace come and my stress left. I love the temple. I've been studying some church history lately especially about temple building. I've come to realize how blessed we are to have the temples so close to us at home. We shouldn't get in the habit of taking these blessings for granted. It amazes me when I see the love that the members here have for the temple. I hope that we all will feel that some love for the Lord's house even if we have always had that blessing in our lives.

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment