Dear Friends and Family,
This week has been a really good week in La. I can say that I worked my butt off... sadly though most of the people we saw didn't come to church probably because of the rain we that we got the night before. In this mission missionaries love the rain for the most part... but when the rain comes the night before or the morning of church, forget about expecting investigators, they won't come. Despite all of this there was one moment this week that really stuck out to me. We were teaching a lesson to a new investigator with one of our members. We were getting close to the end of the lesson and the member bore his testimony to the investigator. The thing that really impressed me was that he told the investigator that the "message we have brought to him is more precious than gold." As he said that the phrase really hit me, I'm delivering a message that is more precious than gold. It made me realize that I really need to take this work much more serious. I'm really going to focus on helping people understand that the Gospel really is more precious than gold or anything else. Having the influence of the Holy Ghost is one of the greatest gifts that we have been given. That is what enables us to endure to the end and receive the greatest of all the gifts of God, even Eternal Life. It is important for us to remember that most of God's gifts are based upon our obedience to his laws. His laws are not restrictions placed in our way but actually invitations to become more like Him. I hope we can accept this invitation to become more like Him, so that His Spirit will dwell with us, and as we endure to inherit Eternal Life. I love this opportunity I have to represent the Lord and invite all to come unto him. I wish you all a wonderful week.
Love,
Elder Smith
This week has been a really good week in La. I can say that I worked my butt off... sadly though most of the people we saw didn't come to church probably because of the rain we that we got the night before. In this mission missionaries love the rain for the most part... but when the rain comes the night before or the morning of church, forget about expecting investigators, they won't come. Despite all of this there was one moment this week that really stuck out to me. We were teaching a lesson to a new investigator with one of our members. We were getting close to the end of the lesson and the member bore his testimony to the investigator. The thing that really impressed me was that he told the investigator that the "message we have brought to him is more precious than gold." As he said that the phrase really hit me, I'm delivering a message that is more precious than gold. It made me realize that I really need to take this work much more serious. I'm really going to focus on helping people understand that the Gospel really is more precious than gold or anything else. Having the influence of the Holy Ghost is one of the greatest gifts that we have been given. That is what enables us to endure to the end and receive the greatest of all the gifts of God, even Eternal Life. It is important for us to remember that most of God's gifts are based upon our obedience to his laws. His laws are not restrictions placed in our way but actually invitations to become more like Him. I hope we can accept this invitation to become more like Him, so that His Spirit will dwell with us, and as we endure to inherit Eternal Life. I love this opportunity I have to represent the Lord and invite all to come unto him. I wish you all a wonderful week.
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment