Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A baptism for Florence


Hey Family and Friends,
How is everyone doing? I'm glad that you were able to get my pictures! I'll send a few more today since I’ve been a slacker the last few weeks. Hopefully the pictures and the recording will make up for my lack of a good letter. This week has been a really good one for me and Elder Mamo. We had a baptism on Saturday for Florence A. She is the daughter of one of my recent converts that was baptized a few months ago. We are going to start teaching the daughters husband now as well so we can unite the whole family. We've been working with a few part member families this week and we're preparing several of them for baptism by the end of the month. Most of them are spouses of a member. It feels good to focus on helping those families to be united and eventually to be eternal. It is a bit difficult to bring entire families into the church here because most families have one or two members who are very active in their church and it appears like nearly every pastor has nothing good to say about the church. It's really difficult to see the persecution that the church receives. It really breaks my heart to have recent converts come to me and tell me how their previous pastor came and talked to them and then start telling them all manner of lies about the church. I've seen people threatened to be kicked out of their houses several times just because they chose to be baptized. These experiences have really given me more respect and reverence for the early saints of the church. I've been able to study the Church History institute manual and I've learned a lot about the struggles and trials that the church had to go through to become the world wide church that it is today. I am so grateful for their sacrifices.
Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment