Dear Family and Friends,
How was everyone's week? My week was pretty good but it was hot. I was expecting some rain, at least a little bit of rain but it didn't come until Sunday after church. I guess the rainy season is taking much longer than usual to begin. Many of the forecasters here are expecting that it will be a really big one. I am looking forward to it but, the sad thing is that it means my mango season is about to end. I've kind of fallen in love with Mangoes. Well early in the week we went to the Stake Presidents home for family home evening. It was a great experience. He talked to us quite a bit about the ward and then we began to talk about his mission and things. He is an awesome Stake President. He will give the wards a much bigger boost when it comes to missionary work. Throughout the week we mostly focused on the people we are planning on baptizing this coming Saturday. One of them is named Regina and the other Seth. So Regina is a referral that came to church about 4 weeks ago and we began teaching her around then. She is a widow of around 60 years. I feel so bad for the lady her children don't mind her. She works from 5AM to 7PM from Monday to Saturday and just barely gets by. It's difficult for us because we go to teach her late at night and she is tired from work and on top of that she doesn't have any power in her house so our lessons are pretty much done by the small flashlights on our phone. It's not easy. Seth is a 14 year old referral from a member. He has been coming for about the past 3 months. He is very shy and has trouble reading so we bought the book of Mormon stories for kids at the distribution center and we went to teach him with it. At seeing the book more and more kids started to join when we were teaching about a group of 15 or so kids from the age of 7 to probably 15. It was quite an exciting lesson haha. So, this week will be pretty good I hope! I wish you all a wonderful week! Have fun at the reunion!
Love,
Elder Smith
How was everyone's week? My week was pretty good but it was hot. I was expecting some rain, at least a little bit of rain but it didn't come until Sunday after church. I guess the rainy season is taking much longer than usual to begin. Many of the forecasters here are expecting that it will be a really big one. I am looking forward to it but, the sad thing is that it means my mango season is about to end. I've kind of fallen in love with Mangoes. Well early in the week we went to the Stake Presidents home for family home evening. It was a great experience. He talked to us quite a bit about the ward and then we began to talk about his mission and things. He is an awesome Stake President. He will give the wards a much bigger boost when it comes to missionary work. Throughout the week we mostly focused on the people we are planning on baptizing this coming Saturday. One of them is named Regina and the other Seth. So Regina is a referral that came to church about 4 weeks ago and we began teaching her around then. She is a widow of around 60 years. I feel so bad for the lady her children don't mind her. She works from 5AM to 7PM from Monday to Saturday and just barely gets by. It's difficult for us because we go to teach her late at night and she is tired from work and on top of that she doesn't have any power in her house so our lessons are pretty much done by the small flashlights on our phone. It's not easy. Seth is a 14 year old referral from a member. He has been coming for about the past 3 months. He is very shy and has trouble reading so we bought the book of Mormon stories for kids at the distribution center and we went to teach him with it. At seeing the book more and more kids started to join when we were teaching about a group of 15 or so kids from the age of 7 to probably 15. It was quite an exciting lesson haha. So, this week will be pretty good I hope! I wish you all a wonderful week! Have fun at the reunion!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment