Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Traveling man


Hello again!
Well I'm afraid today's email is going to be extremely short and I apologize, but this week has been umm... slow. We did interviews in Abomosu on Tuesday, early on Wednesday we took the dreaded bus ride to Accra, Thursday we had our meeting and then took the dreaded return ride back to Abomosu to stay at the Dalton's. Friday we came back to Asuom and Saturday we did interviews in Oda. It was a busy week and I didn't get to spend near enough time in our own area to see the investigators that we are working with. Thankfully this coming week there won't be any traveling so we are free to do all that we need in our area.
Well I guess a few of you are probably interested to hear about the food I've been eating the past few weeks. We are ridiculously blessed here in Asuom. We are basically guaranteed an FM everyday and to make it even better they are absolutely amazing.  I used to be very reluctant to go for FM but now I look forward to it practically all day. We've had pretty much every normal Ghanaian dish in the past few weeks, at least all of the good ones anyways. My favorite is definitely Fufu. I just cannot get enough Fufu. It is amazing. It may have become my favorite food, okay second favorite next to Roast Beef and potatoes and gravy. Sadly, though, not everyone feeds us great food. On Wednesday in Accra we stopped at one of Elder Boateng's recent converts and she fed us Banku and Okra stew. Already not my favorite and to top it off I wasn't very hungry and the food was plenty. Well, I finished the Banku okay and I was left with the meat. She gave me pork, which in a normal setting would be great but... this pork is basically a bone surrounded by fat and skin about the size of my fist. There was no meat, and I mean there was NO meat. It seemed like the meat was intentionally cut so that no meat would be there. Needless to say I suffered eating it all, but I did it. It was terrible but I ate a handful of pork fat and skin. That is how I know that the Lord blesses and strengthens missionaries. I am greatly blessed. Well obviously that is not the only way that I have been blessed from serving but it is one blessing that has come. I know that many more will continue to come throughout the rest of my life. I love and miss you all so very much!

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment