Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Travelling Man




Dear Family,
Well, this traveling sure makes emailing home difficult. Sometimes it is frustrating because I have so little time to do work in my area. So, I guess I will just share a bit of how my week went and what went on. On Wednesday we travelled to Asamankese to go one exchanges with the missionaries there. We only spent about 4 hours but it was a good time. In that district both companionships are training, and both being trained are from Samoa. They are awesome, a bit different than most of the islanders that I’ve met, but they are awesome. One of them named Elder Ialualu came speaking very little English. I remember the
first time I met him was at our Zone Training Meeting and he was so happy to see us as his zone leaders. He came and tried to speak a bit of English but put his arms around me and told me he loved me. It was great. Every time we see them he comes over to me and always talks to me. I was able to go with him and his companion on Wednesday and it was so cool to see the improvement he has made. His English is really good and he can teach very well. Better than I could after two transfers that’s for sure. As we were closing the split he came over to me put his arm around me and said, “I hope I can be your companion sometime.” I sure hope so too. That evening we travelled to Accra for our monthly meeting. In the evening we went to La to see more of my recent converts. Of course I had to pass by and say hello to Muujeh and his family. He bought me some awesome fried rice and I even got to pass by the ward choir practice before heading to the mission home. I miss that ward so much. The meeting the following day was long as usual but it was good. I love receiving instruction from President Judd. He is awesome.
Since the meeting lasted so long we were stuck in Koforidua because the cars had stopped going the rest of the way. So we slept on mats in the Koforidua Elders apartment. Nothing too exciting went on until the next day we traveled to Anyinam to be picked up by Elder Dalton. He took us to his home where we ate lunch and headed to our area. In case you didn't know Friday Was Election Day in Ghana. So we were directed to only proselyte in the morning, so in the evening we had bought some food stuffs and invited our Branch Mission Leader over and we prepared some soup and fufu. It was pretty great. Finally to Saturday we got to play catch up trying to see as many
people as we possibly could to invite them to church. It didn't work too well because only one investigator came to church on Sunday, a big disappointment for us. Well, this week we are traveling a lot again. Tuesday we’ll be in Kade for our Zone Training Meeting, Wednesday back to Accra for the Christmas conference and then back to our area. I sure wish I had a car. We need it. Well nevertheless the week was great and this week will be awesome as well. I’m doing awesome! Can’t wait for Christmas to talk to  everyone!
Love you all!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment