Dear Family,
Well today and tomorrow are my last days in Asuom. It's a bit difficult to leave again. It seems like I came here just yesterday yet I've been here just as long as I was in my previous area. Time really does just fly by.
My time in Asuom has been great. I've loved being able to travel around the zone to be with and learn from all of the missionaries. It has been an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even though I have had my challenges with my companions I have truly come to love them both. They are awesome. They are two of the favorite companions that I have had.
Working with the Branch has also been a lot of fun. We see some strange things when you go to a branch that only has about 30 or 40 that are seriously active. I have grown to really love the branch leaders like President Preprah and especially the Branch Mission Leader Gideon. When I told him I was being transferred he was really sad. He is going to miss my pancakes. I will also greatly miss Rose Boateng and her sisters. They are just some of the sweetest girls I have ever met. Rose is incredible. She was baptized about 8 months ago and is now the Young Womens President and teaches Relief Society just about every week because no one from that Presidency comes to church. She will always be an example to me of giving the Lord all that you have. She is so sweet, I will miss her. I've learned so many lessons while being in Asuom. Elder Boateng really taught me how to be bold and ask the difficult questions. Elder Kyeremateng has taught me what it means to work like there is no tomorrow. These lessons won't only help me while I am here but for the rest of my life. These past few months have been the best of times and the worst of times, struggle, joy, love, anger, all wrapped in one. I’ve come to learn more than ever what Lehi meant when he taught that, “it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things." (2 Nephi:2:11) It's been a time of struggle but more importantly a time of growth.
I'm being transferred to Jamestown in Accra. It is very similar to La and I'm excited to go back to the area that I love so very much! It will be a fun next few transfers. Well it's getting ever closer to Christmas, I can't wait!
I love and miss you all!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment