Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Monday, April 8, 2013

Joy


Dear Family,
Well this week has been just awesome. There have been some rumors going around the mission home that I’m being transferred and in our weekly meeting with President Judd, he basically spent the entire time teasing me about whether I’m going or not. He thought it was pretty funny. As this weekend could be my last one in Jamestown I really wanted to make it epic, and it was pretty epic. Saturday we had arranged for many of my recent converts to come to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. I worked on getting things ready for them to be baptized for many of their family members. We had spent quite a bit of time teaching them about the temple and all of them were all so very anxious to go. The great day came and here they all were dressed so nice and eager to enter the temple. The joy and excitement on their faces was enough to make my entire mission worth it. It was a truly remarkable experience. They all loved it so much and are so eager to continue to stay strong in the church so that they can behold more of the beauty of the temple as they prepare to receive their endowments. As Sunday came around I was a bit worried that we wouldn't have many investigators at church and honestly we had a very poor attendance. But, one thing made me even happier than having investigators at church, all of my recent converts, save one, who had traveled to her home town was at church. If this is my last Sunday in Jamestown it will be the best I've had. I love all of them so much. I have come to have stronger friendships with them than I have had with anyone in my entire mission. Being in Jamestown has been really awesome. President Judd has told me over and over again about how great blessings come when we do things we don’t always want to do. I never wanted to be an office elder. It was never the desire of my heart, but because I willingly accepted and did it so many great blessings have followed. My converts here have been the strongest in all of my areas. I have loved the area and the branch more than any before. It was been a huge joy for me to serve in Jamestown. It has not been an easy ride but my joy is full.

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment