Hi Mom!
The time is going by like crazy fast! Only 21 more fast Sundays left! Actually i think it might only be 20 depending on when the last transfer is. That's crazy to think! It's going by so fast I don't know where the time has gone these past weeks. Like today I felt like it was just yesterday when I was in here emailing. Well everything is going good. Our investigators are really coming to church now. We average about 7 or 8 every week so we're really doing good! The other Konongo missionaries are happy when they get 1 or 2. They are really struggling in they're area. I still can't believe it's almost Christmas. I'm pretty excited for Christmas this year. We are going to Accra on the 22nd and the Christmas conference is on the 23rd and then one of the area seventies throws a Christmas party on New Year’s so we'll get hot showers for like 3 days! I'm pretty excited! haha! I think they will send us back with our own SIM cards so we can call home on Christmas! I'm pretty excited to get to hear you guys! Yeah I think ties would be good for my companion! I'm not sure if I will have a new companion or not. It's very likely we will get transferred. Elder Evensen thinks we might both get transferred to Nkawkaw and both be trainers. I hope not but who knows. It would be fun to be a trainer I think. We're going to the temple not this Tuesday but the next one. We'll do that and have interviews with President before we go.
Well I cut my hair last Monday. It looks okay i guess. Haha I don't think I need clippers. After my haircut the investigators we went and saw on Tuesday all told me I looked really handsome so I think it will be okay. haha. The peanut butter will be good! Maybe some more honey! That was really good with the peanut butter!
Well it sounds like everything is going good back home! i sure do miss the kids! Yesterday at Mama Gina's her daughter who is about 8 or 9 was reading me stories from the friend. It was so cute! We would take turns reading from it and doing the games and activities in it. It made me really miss the kids but I really enjoy spending time with these kids. Mama Gina's is one of my favorite times of the week. She might not be the best cook that makes us food but her family is just wonderful. It brings me a little closer to home.
Well since we are so far away from other missionaries we don’t do much physical activities on P-days. We mostly just relax and talk maybe play some uno or playing cards. We played poop head last p day and it was pretty fun. Well this past week I bought me this legit handmade checkerboard. They play it a bit different here it's called draff and the board is 10X10 instead of 8X8. The rules are a bit different than checkers but it’s a lot of fun. I've been playing against Elder NKetsiah every night now. I'm slowly getting better. I want someone to paint my named on the board and then stain it or have my name carved into it. I'm going to look around. Well we did do a service project a couple p days ago; we weeded at a member’s house. They weed differently here it’s more like weed eating. They give us a machete and we just cut everything down to the ground. It doesn't seem very effective but oh well they were appreciative of it. I believe the zone does a big service project in December so I’ll let you know what ends up happening.
Well everything really is going good! Elder Nketsiah was telling me that I'm a big man. Haha I was just joking and told him I'd beat him up and he told me he's not afraid of a big man like me. haha I laughed and was like what? I'm not a big man, I'm still a scrawny little boy but apparently I'm getting bigger. I feel like I'm getting bigger. haha. Well everything is going really well. We have some really solid investigators this week and planning on baptizing like 3 or 4 on the 19th. Hopefully everything goes well. I sure do miss you!! I love you!! I’ll talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment