Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Splits and another Baptism


Dear Family,
How is everyone doing this week? I sure do enjoy everyone’s emails I get! I love hearing from everyone!  I missed being home for Thanksgiving. I miss being around all of the family a lot!  Well this week has been well… let’s just say stressful. So Monday night we got a call from the Zone Leaders asking if we were still okay with doing splits on Tuesday. Well they never actually informed us before and Elder Edwards wanted to come to Nkawkaw with me and have Elder Evensen go to Obomusu with Elder Boateng. Well yeah I was stressed all night. It’s stressful enough just knowing that you’re going proselytizing with a Zone Leader let alone that you have to be the Senior companion and lead him around all over Nkawkaw. Yeah I never really lead anything when I was with Elder Evensen so I didn’t have a whole lot of preparation for it. Well the Zone Leaders came early Tuesday morning and me and Elder Edwards left right away for Nkawkaw. We got there and was supposed to meet Brother Peter the Branch Mission Leader so that he could translate for us because there were several people that I was planning on teaching that don’t understand Twi, but he wasn’t there. So we played phone tag for awhile trying to get a hold of each other and I had no idea what to do. Yeah I was stressed out beyond reason but everything turned out good. We met up with Peter and we got to go to the top of the mountain! We had an investigator that came to church last Sunday who lives at the top so we went to see her and teach her. It’s absolutely beautiful up there! I didn’t get a chance to take many pictures but next time I go I’ll be sure to take plenty of pictures! Well I took Elder Edwards back to Konongo and the next day we drove a long ways to meet back up with Elder Evensen and Elder Boateng. It was actually a really good experience. It was stressful but I really actually did learn a lot from Elder Edwards. Well we baptized Belinda on Saturday. I was so glad everything went well. We have been teaching this girl for what seems like forever. She just struggled to come to church and she is living with her grandma and she isn’t really a fan of the church. So she was usually late to church but yesterday, to be confirmed, she actually came to church early. I was shocked! She is a really amazing girl; she has a strong testimony already. Yesterday was a bit of a bad day several appointments failed us and our sacrament attendance is really down. I have a feeling that December is really going to be a bit of a struggle. Oh well I’ll keep on pushing through! I love the work! It’s not easy but it is so wonderful to see the change in people’s lives. Well I love you all so so so very much! I miss you too! I can feel the blessings I am receiving here on my mission and I hope that you guys are being blessed as well! Thank you for all you do!
Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment