Dear Family,
How is everyone doing? Things are going good here in Ghana as usual. This week we traveled to Accra and did interviews with President and got to visit the temple. It was really nice to go into the temple and to cast some of my worries aside. It helps to remind me of my purpose here. Let’s just say it was pretty awesome. The ride to Accra wasn’t much fun though. We were stuffed into a small bus and the road they take to Accra is like dirt half the way, so it wasn’t all that fun but once we got there it was pretty good. We got off at the station and went around to the market to look for some ties. I bought me some pretty awesome skinny ties. I’m not sure why but I really like skinny ties they are pretty awesome. Well we left there and went to the mission home and unpacked our things. The room we stayed in had AC so that was pretty awesome. That is the first time in the past 3 months I have awaken up cold! Well that night we went out with the AP’s. We got to go to KFC and it was pretty epic. It tasted almost as good as home! It was way too expensive though. I got to see my friend from the MTC Elder Cserepes. He’s lost like 40 pounds he said! Pretty crazy I must say. The first thing he says to me he looks at my stomach and says well it looks like you’ve gained some weight. I didn’t think it was showing that much but apparently I’m wrong. The next day I saw another Elder from the MTC and he said the same thing. So I was quite interested in finding out how much I weigh. Elder Barney from the Office let me into where the scales are and I weigh over 150 lbs! Who would have thought that I would gain like 25 pounds in Africa! Ahh it just amazes me. Well the temple was really good and interviews with President went well. President is an awesome guy he’s the best. We’re really lucky to have him here. I really enjoy talking with him and I can tell how concerned he is about us up here in Konongo. He told us that he only puts people out here by themselves who he really trusts so that made me feel pretty good. Well other than that not much new has been happening. We have baptized Charles’ wife Mustapha yesterday and that was a really good service. We also baptized 3 other investigators in Konongo on Saturday. One person we were planning on baptizing had some complications come up so we’ll be postponing it until next Saturday we hope. This week I also got like 5 packages I think and a big box of food! So I’ll be having a wonderful thanksgiving this week. I cannot wait!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment