Dear Family,
Happy New Years! How is everyone doing this week! Well this week has been pretty good for us here. December has been kind of a slow month and the people we've been teaching are really lacking seriousness. There are a few people that we have been teaching that have really been touched by us. We have been teaching a man Maxwell who never attended church before and at first every time we met with him he's been a bit drunk. It's was really disappointing at first after we taught him the Word of Wisdom and he would accept the commitment to live it but he never followed through. His wife and children live outside of Accra and they came to visit him for the Holiday. We were able to teach the family together before Christmas and Maxwell was really improving. His wife is very active in her church and was telling us that he would never come to church. This last Sunday is his second Sunday at church and he brought his wife. I was really excited to see both of them there and she especially really loves the way our church is. His wife and kids are planning on coming to move back in with him in February. It's so awesome to be able to see the Gospel bring families together. At times I feel really bad when people are threatened by their parents that if they join the church they will be kicked out of the family. I've seen several people kicked out of their houses and leaving their families to be baptized. I've been really blessed to see this family come together because of the gospel. We shared with them the Proclamation to the World and I really believe it is what changed everything for them. They have the desire to be a better family and I'm so greatly blessed to be able to help them start. We had a baptism on Saturday for Sister Akua it went really well. We had quite a lot of people there and it was a really good baptismal service. Well we were informed at Christmas Conference that Elder Sitati would be coming for a Mission Tour in February and now we have been told that Elder Holland and Elder Snow will be coming! Yeah I'm pretty excited! Hopefully I'll get to meet my favorite Apostle! Well I hope everyone has a good week! I miss and love you all!
Love,
Elder Smith
Happy New Years! How is everyone doing this week! Well this week has been pretty good for us here. December has been kind of a slow month and the people we've been teaching are really lacking seriousness. There are a few people that we have been teaching that have really been touched by us. We have been teaching a man Maxwell who never attended church before and at first every time we met with him he's been a bit drunk. It's was really disappointing at first after we taught him the Word of Wisdom and he would accept the commitment to live it but he never followed through. His wife and children live outside of Accra and they came to visit him for the Holiday. We were able to teach the family together before Christmas and Maxwell was really improving. His wife is very active in her church and was telling us that he would never come to church. This last Sunday is his second Sunday at church and he brought his wife. I was really excited to see both of them there and she especially really loves the way our church is. His wife and kids are planning on coming to move back in with him in February. It's so awesome to be able to see the Gospel bring families together. At times I feel really bad when people are threatened by their parents that if they join the church they will be kicked out of the family. I've seen several people kicked out of their houses and leaving their families to be baptized. I've been really blessed to see this family come together because of the gospel. We shared with them the Proclamation to the World and I really believe it is what changed everything for them. They have the desire to be a better family and I'm so greatly blessed to be able to help them start. We had a baptism on Saturday for Sister Akua it went really well. We had quite a lot of people there and it was a really good baptismal service. Well we were informed at Christmas Conference that Elder Sitati would be coming for a Mission Tour in February and now we have been told that Elder Holland and Elder Snow will be coming! Yeah I'm pretty excited! Hopefully I'll get to meet my favorite Apostle! Well I hope everyone has a good week! I miss and love you all!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment