Dear Family,
I'm sorry this letter will be a bit short today. I've had a really busy day and we have a busy night so I'm sorry. This morning Elder Hurley and I went to Makola market with Elder Cserepes and Elder Wollenzein. They all had to get some few things, so we spent a couple hours there and then we went to the stake center at the temple site to clean the baptismal font, because it was just too dirty when we had the baptism on Saturday Well my week has been stressful to say the least. Thankfully Elder Hurley knows his way around the area quite well so it's good. The area is a bit difficult to understand but it's not too big so it's not too difficult. Plus the ward missionaries are really active so they can show us around much better. It was especially stressful because we had to take a few of our baptismal candidates to the mission home so that President Judd could do some special interviews. The baptism was really stressful too because we had a combined baptism with the Osu Elders and the Office Elders so we needed someone from the stake to preside. We waitted for quite awhile, but no one showed up. So our ward mission leader talked to the bishop and he told us just to have someone from the mission preside. So, we got a hold of the AP's asking them to come and they said they were on their way. We waited for a good 30 minutes and just decided to start without them and hoping they would show up. Well they never did, so they had me preside. Not entirely sure that was allowed but oh well. They were baptized by priesthood authority so I suppose that's all that matters. On Thursday we had the mission tour with Elder Sitati. It was really good. They're making two new stakes in Accra and a new district in kpong, which is really cool. Well after the mission tour we came back to our area and the AP's called us and told us Elder Sitati wanted to inspect our apartment. Yeah that was stressful. We went back to just do some quick picking up and then President and Sister Judd with Elder and Sister Sitati show up and do the inspection. Luckily everything went well. I can now say a general authority has been in my apartment. haha. So yeah it's been a good week. We taught a ton of people got some cool people to teach. I'm just hoping that this coming week is a little bit less stressful. I'm sure it will be. Well just a heads up to anyone who emailed me this week. I really appreciate the emails like a lot. But... I don't have time to write back to everyone. So I hope everyone has a good week! I love you all so very much! I'll write you back soon!
Love,
Elder Smith
I'm sorry this letter will be a bit short today. I've had a really busy day and we have a busy night so I'm sorry. This morning Elder Hurley and I went to Makola market with Elder Cserepes and Elder Wollenzein. They all had to get some few things, so we spent a couple hours there and then we went to the stake center at the temple site to clean the baptismal font, because it was just too dirty when we had the baptism on Saturday Well my week has been stressful to say the least. Thankfully Elder Hurley knows his way around the area quite well so it's good. The area is a bit difficult to understand but it's not too big so it's not too difficult. Plus the ward missionaries are really active so they can show us around much better. It was especially stressful because we had to take a few of our baptismal candidates to the mission home so that President Judd could do some special interviews. The baptism was really stressful too because we had a combined baptism with the Osu Elders and the Office Elders so we needed someone from the stake to preside. We waitted for quite awhile, but no one showed up. So our ward mission leader talked to the bishop and he told us just to have someone from the mission preside. So, we got a hold of the AP's asking them to come and they said they were on their way. We waited for a good 30 minutes and just decided to start without them and hoping they would show up. Well they never did, so they had me preside. Not entirely sure that was allowed but oh well. They were baptized by priesthood authority so I suppose that's all that matters. On Thursday we had the mission tour with Elder Sitati. It was really good. They're making two new stakes in Accra and a new district in kpong, which is really cool. Well after the mission tour we came back to our area and the AP's called us and told us Elder Sitati wanted to inspect our apartment. Yeah that was stressful. We went back to just do some quick picking up and then President and Sister Judd with Elder and Sister Sitati show up and do the inspection. Luckily everything went well. I can now say a general authority has been in my apartment. haha. So yeah it's been a good week. We taught a ton of people got some cool people to teach. I'm just hoping that this coming week is a little bit less stressful. I'm sure it will be. Well just a heads up to anyone who emailed me this week. I really appreciate the emails like a lot. But... I don't have time to write back to everyone. So I hope everyone has a good week! I love you all so very much! I'll write you back soon!
Love,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment