Hello Again Everyone!,
This week has been a very very busy week. We had some dissappointments with people not showing up or not keeping there commitments and we've really had a hard time seeing all of the people we need to in Nkawkaw. Konongo and Nkawkaw are like opposites right now. We dont have many people interested at all in Konongo but we have to many to handle in Nkawkaw. It's quite frustrating. Well on thursday me and my companion met the zone leaders in Nkawkaw and we went on splits. I left with Elder Chimoka from Zimbabwe to go to his area in Obomosu and Elder Evensen and Edwards stayed in Konongo. I wasnt very busy in Obomosu but I really like that area. It's quiet and really a peaceful place and their apartment is a bit better than ours. Plus they are right next to Elder and Sister Dalton the senior couple in our area, so they get fed good home cooked meals several times a week. Elder Chimoka was saying that she is always baking cookies and things for them. I was really jealous. Well I met them and they are really awesome. The people there in Obomosu really love them. Well i stayed the night in Obomusu then headed back early in the morning to meet up with the others in Nkawkaw. Well we made a goal this month to get 3 baptisms just because not very many of our investigators are serious and only a couple of them are really solid. Well we received a referral in Nkawkaw from a lady in the ward who had 2 daughters that are 11, and 9 who hadn't been baptized yet. So while Elder Edwards was there in NKawkaw on Thursday he interviewed them and I got to baptize them on saturday. We also baptized are girl named charity who is like 18. She interviewed and scheduled to be baptized some months ago but they had to keep resheduling and we finally got a chance. In the picture I'm sending you can see Charity, Gladys, and Linda and Charity's father who we are currently working with for baptism. I hope he can keep his commitments and make it. Well friday after we got back to Konongo we met up with Elder and Sister Dalton who had to come to do an interview for us for brother James who we've been teaching. He's a teacher here in Konongo and is a really cool guy. He's 25 and he's come to have quite a testimony of the restoration. It's been a really neat experience. We baptized him on saturday evening and confirmed him yesterday. So we achieved our goal for the month on the first saturday so... we decided to raise it to 7. We're hoping for atleast 3 more but it's going to be a struggle. A lot of the people we've been focusing on didnt make it to church. The people we have just don't seem serious. They believe what we're telling them but they wont do anything to act on it. I think that is the biggest challenge in this mission. Well... other than that stuff it's been a really good week. Had a couple more FM's including Banku last night from Mama Gina's. We have another one tonight frm Brother George I am looking forward to. I am slowly learning the language. "Baku Baku," thats what i tell all the people who ask if I speak twi and they laugh. It means small small. But they love it when you speak twi. They really open up and are more willing to listen once they see we can kinda seak twi. That's way cool theyre building a temple in Star Valley. Me and my companion were just talking about how there wasnt a temple in wyoming. I think thats pretty crazy. Im not surprised about a temple in Congo. I was talking to President Froerer in the MTC and he was telling me that it's the fastest growing mission in the region. The church is really exploding there. Well the Daltons brought our mail on thursday but they said I didnt have anything. So im not sure. We have a zone conference on friday we're going to hopefully I'll have something then. It rains like crazy here. It's been raining like twice a day and it gets everything muddy but it does cool everything down which is good. My shoes are holding up pretty wel I haven't had any problems yet. Not going to lie though I really am missing snow. At times I just wish I could be in snow for ahwile. The heat really gets old. Oh well everything is going well herre in Ghana as you can tell. I'll keep you all posted!
Love,
Elder Smith
P.S. I'm doing pretty good except this computer isn't working very well. I've been kicked off one computer and this one the internet keeps crashing so yeah haha. Its been a hectic day. Yesterday we found out our septic tank is full so a guy from Kumasi is supposed to be coming to get that resolved and we've been waiting for him but he hasn't answered. Our water stopped working half way through doing laundrs so some of my clothes are still in the soapy water and my whites are waiting to be rinsed but we have no water so... yeah. It's been a fun day haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment