Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Letter to Dad

Dad,
Well i was going to send some pictures but for some reason it's not working very well. I'll keep trying but Im not sure whats wrong. I cant believe it's already October! I feel like its still summertime haha partly because it's so hot and everything is exactly the same as when I got here haha. But this month really has gone by fast. That sounds pretty fun for Jeff going to Bondurant with the uncles. I'm sure he'll enjoy going up there. Mom said you and jeff and Alan went up this weekend, how was that? Did anyone get anything? Heather said that Bart had got an Antelope thats good to hear!! Ouch! It sounds like you had quite a fun day the day you were working on the Jag! How is the old car working? Does jeff enjoy driving it! I hope he's taking care of it!! Haha

Well I sure am glad everything went good with Mom's surgery. It sounds like she recovered pretty well if she is heading to work today. Well Yes I am taking my doxy everyday and I'm sleeping under the net every night. One of the new Missionaries Elder B. from the Uk got a really bad reaction to the Doxy and they had to put him in the hospital and everything. It was a pretty bad deal. Well yes we ride our bikes pretty much every where we go. They're not in great condition but Im just grateful I didnt have to buy one. They're nice bikes they just need to be worked on every once in awhile. We are going to see if we can buy some mud flaps sometime. It sure would be handy to have especially in the rainy season. It's funny you mention my smiling face because yesterday at Mama Gina's house I was talking to her daughter who is probably about 10. She was asking me all of these questions and asked why I like to smile so much. It made me laugh. I just couldn't help but smile around them they are so cute! It's crazy to think Hannah will be 10 when i get back. I just love being around the primary age kids they are so cute! They always run to me and shake my hand it's just really cute!

So the church here does have a keyboard but no one in our branch knows how to play except elder Evensen so he plays it during sacrament. They sing really really simple songs. Most of them I actually haven't heard very much. The only oneI can think of off the top of my head is Faith of our Fathers. They sing that a lot. I'm starting to kinda like it. haha. Well I'm being safe dont worry about me and the branch really does take care of us. They're always willing to help out. Well I love you so much and I miss you! Keep up the hard work at home!
Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment