Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Monday, October 10, 2011

Koforidua Zone Conference

Hi Mom,
Another successful week down! It started out a bit slow., we struggled getting people to keep their commitments and to even meet with them but we focused on putting extra effort into finding some strong investigators to teach. We had no progress... until Sunday. Well I must say the Lord works in mysterious ways. We had an investigator who is really intelligent and he understands everything but he lives forever away, and he never gets an opportunity, well we kinda gave up on him and just occasionally called him to see how he's doing. Well saturday we were out contacting and we felt impressed to stop at this compound for some reason so we stopped and approached the people and what do you know there is our investigator. We sat down and taught him a lesson and he just told us about how he's struggling and different things and we just taught him about trusting in the Lord and putting him first in our life. We invited him to read from the Book of Mormon everyday and invited him to church. Well we did not expect him to come... but he did! It was awesome, this is his 3rd time coming so we're going to make sure he's keeping his commitments and possibly baptize him this Saturday depending on the depth of his conversion. I'm hoping so. We had a couple other strong investigators at church so everything has been really good! Our effort is paying off! Well on Thursday we had to get up at 3:30 to catch a car to Koforidua for Zone Conference. It was really good, but... the AP's and my companion convinced me to help them sing in a talent show like thing for our Christmas Conference. So... not really excited for that, haha. Now I need to learn how to sing. Well after conference we were given our mail, and I finally got some!! I got a letter from the Stake Presidency and a Dear Elder from you. I also got a package from you with the journal and candy, a package from Megan, and the big box from you guys. Thank you so so much for all of the food! Tell Megan thank you so much and I loved the pictures that everyone sent. So just a couple things: What's with the Sardines? haha I just wondered who's idea that was I've never eaten sardines in my life! Well anyways they'll be good! Second, if you could use the pouch things instead of the boxes it would be better. The box cost me 30 cedis to pick up. It might still be cheaper than sending a bunch of packages but I'm not sure. I need to draw some money out of my VISA or something. Well speaking of that I tried to the other day and it said it was denied. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm going to try it again on Tuesday. Well I'm glad everything is going good! I hope you're knee continues to get better! Tell everyone hi for me! I'm sorry no pictures this week I'll send you some next week! I'm doing really good this week enjoying the food! I've tried one new thing this week and that is Konkonte. It's black fufu. It wasn't my favorite but it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping for some more good food this week!  

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment