Dear Family,
It’s been another busy week in Ghana, but wow it just flew by. For all the business I don’t have much to write about. I swear it was just yesterday I was here writing emails. I cannot believe how fast time is going. Teaching got a bit better in Konongo but not like it is in Nkawkaw. That place is awesome. Well first off we baptized 6 people on Saturday. Yeah ha-ha it was pretty great. 6 in one week is a lot of people. We set a goal of 4 baptisms for this month and we got 6 in one week. Well Saturday was a pretty interesting day. We were planning on doing all 6 of the baptisms at the same time, but for some reason three of them didn’t show up and we couldn’t get a hold of them so we had to start without them. The program went really well, we baptized Charles and two of his sons Y, and A. So the last baptism we had we baptized Charity, and Charles is her father so we have almost got the whole family. The only ones left is his wife. Well after the baptism we got a hold of the other three and they hurried and came and we had another service for them. They were Mary, and her sister, and her daughter Blessing. Those two girls are so cute! They came and sat by me during Sacrament meeting on Sunday. They love to hear us white boys sing! Well after the baptism we went to meet with a referral and unfortunately he was drunk. He thought that we were just American spies and was upset that Ghaddafi was killed and yeah it was really not good. We got out of there pretty fast, but we’re going to go see him again and see if we can help him. When we met him sober he was such an awesome guy. It’s ridiculous how much it can change a person. It’s sad really. Well a couple other exciting things happened this week. I saw a Monkey!! But I didn’t get a picture of it. A couple of guys were welding this trailer and the monkey was just sitting there watching them it was pretty funny. I wish we would have had more time or I would have gotten closer and taken a picture. Thank you for sending the packages I'll look forward to getting them. Especially the spices I feel bad always using my companions. So Megan sent me an email but no pictures yet! So you'll have to remind her! They sound really cute!! You should have Megan ask Phil about the powdered peanut butter. I go through it fast here ha-ha. I'm excited for more packages ha-ha. I love getting them. Well it hasn't been too rainy this week except for Thursday. We had quite the storm. The power was out for a while. I'll be getting the ensign with the conference talks in it from the Mission Home so you don't need to send one, thank you though. I'm looking forward to reading them. I'm working hard and enjoying it! Hopefully I’ll have more to tell everyone next week!
Love, Elder Smith
It’s been another busy week in Ghana, but wow it just flew by. For all the business I don’t have much to write about. I swear it was just yesterday I was here writing emails. I cannot believe how fast time is going. Teaching got a bit better in Konongo but not like it is in Nkawkaw. That place is awesome. Well first off we baptized 6 people on Saturday. Yeah ha-ha it was pretty great. 6 in one week is a lot of people. We set a goal of 4 baptisms for this month and we got 6 in one week. Well Saturday was a pretty interesting day. We were planning on doing all 6 of the baptisms at the same time, but for some reason three of them didn’t show up and we couldn’t get a hold of them so we had to start without them. The program went really well, we baptized Charles and two of his sons Y, and A. So the last baptism we had we baptized Charity, and Charles is her father so we have almost got the whole family. The only ones left is his wife. Well after the baptism we got a hold of the other three and they hurried and came and we had another service for them. They were Mary, and her sister, and her daughter Blessing. Those two girls are so cute! They came and sat by me during Sacrament meeting on Sunday. They love to hear us white boys sing! Well after the baptism we went to meet with a referral and unfortunately he was drunk. He thought that we were just American spies and was upset that Ghaddafi was killed and yeah it was really not good. We got out of there pretty fast, but we’re going to go see him again and see if we can help him. When we met him sober he was such an awesome guy. It’s ridiculous how much it can change a person. It’s sad really. Well a couple other exciting things happened this week. I saw a Monkey!! But I didn’t get a picture of it. A couple of guys were welding this trailer and the monkey was just sitting there watching them it was pretty funny. I wish we would have had more time or I would have gotten closer and taken a picture. Thank you for sending the packages I'll look forward to getting them. Especially the spices I feel bad always using my companions. So Megan sent me an email but no pictures yet! So you'll have to remind her! They sound really cute!! You should have Megan ask Phil about the powdered peanut butter. I go through it fast here ha-ha. I'm excited for more packages ha-ha. I love getting them. Well it hasn't been too rainy this week except for Thursday. We had quite the storm. The power was out for a while. I'll be getting the ensign with the conference talks in it from the Mission Home so you don't need to send one, thank you though. I'm looking forward to reading them. I'm working hard and enjoying it! Hopefully I’ll have more to tell everyone next week!
Love, Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment