Dear Family,
Well it’s been another successful week here in Konongo and Nkawkaw. All of you are probably excited to hear some exciting things from this week but sadly I didn’t have a whole lot of exciting things happen this week besides the boom in Nkawkaw. So Konongo has been dead recently, we’ve been getting kind of discouraged here because no one is serious. We rarely find solid investigators to teach who are willing to come to church. We had a few come this week but they left when they found out that me and Elder Evensen were at Nkawkaw for sacrament there. They come to see us and not for the right reasons, which is one reason why I like Nkawkaw more. They don’t expect to see us there so they come because they want to feel the spirit there. This week we need to emphasize the importance of the Sabbath and church attendance. Well anyways Nkawkaw is really awesome and I wish we could spend more time there. Nkawkaw is quite a bit larger than Konongo and we have two sets here… so someday I hope they’ll have some just for that area. The branch there has been really searching hard for a nice apartment to put missionaries in and they informed us on Sunday that they found one. So hopefully the transfer in December I’ll be put in there, because I really love Nkawkaw. It’s wonderful. But until then I’ll just continue to work hard in Konongo. I know that eventually we’ll find those who are, “looking for the truth but don’t know where to find it.” I can’t believe that on Wednesday I’ll have been in the mission field a whole transfer. Time really is flying by I can’t believe it. Well this week I found a lizard in the church that looked like a snake almost. I took a couple pictures and chased it around for awhile, then I went back to the apartment and showed the picture to Elder Nketsiah who’s a Ghana native and he told me that they are extremely poisonous… so I don’t think I’ll be chasing any more of them around. I haven’t really seen any more animals besides that. I guess the Church building in Nkawkaw had a really big python around. Someone killed it, but it was supposed to be like 10 feet long. Sadly I didn’t get to see it. I haven’t seen any Monkeys or things yet. So yeah kind of disappointing but oh well. I’ve seen enough interesting things in the town. Oh I also found a pretty big spider in a bathroom at the church in Konongo. It was pretty large. Well I attached some pictures again and finally some of me haha. Well one picture is of the family that feeds us each Sunday in front of the church building. They are the ones who call me Nana Yaw. They are an awesome family, I really love them they are great. The other one is of their father. He is in the branch presidency here in Konongo. Then there is a picture of the snake lizard and spider, and a picture of my and Elder Evensen in the Nkawkaw church building drinking my new favorite soda, Coke. The Branch President bought them for us but for some reason I really have liked Coke here. I found some Mt. Dew but it’s not near as good for some reason. I’ve heard they have Dr. Pepper in Accra. I’m excited to try it sometime. Well just so you know I was under the impression that soda was against mission rules. I learned that is not the case so don’t think I’m being a disobedient missionary, because I’m not. I’m obeying all of the rules I promise! Okay my companion is a bit sick today so I have to hurry and finish up. Tell whoever didn't get an email that I'm going to write next week I promise. I sure do enjoy the emails I am getting though. The wells Fargo card has been working fine. I haven’t had any problems since. When we go to meetings we take a tro-tro. Which is like a van/bus that should only seat like 8 but instead very uncomfortably seats 16. They're not fun to ride in at all. They drive way too fast and many times in dirt roads, it slightly reminds me of driving at the cabin except a few more people in the vehicle haha.
Love,
Elder Smith
Note from Dad we heard Coke is good at keeping some of the stomach parasites down and we were kind of hoping Garrett would be allowed to drink a Coke now and then. I guess another prayer has been answered.
No comments:
Post a Comment