Accra Ghana Mission/Accra Ghana West Mission

Monday, January 16, 2012

Mom

Hi Mom,
Things are going really good for me. I have mixed feelings about being transferred. I'm sure I will enjoy my next area though; hopefully it won't be as dusty. I'm glad you enjoyed my testimony. I love being able to share my testimony every day. It's true that your testimony grows the more you share it. I definitely have seen that here. Good luck with the rest of the ward conferences! I bet you are enjoying your few days break. I bet it sure is fun to see Casey wrestle. It sounds like he is really doing well!  First place, that's awesome! I hope he keeps it up so that in a couple years I'll be able to watch him. What is war horse about? I haven't heard about it.  I bet Megan is pretty homesick. The kids sure do miss you, I'm sure. I bet they would love to see you go see them.
I can't believe Dallan will be almost 5! That's crazy! I can't believe he'll be in kindergarten this year. So Skype should be pretty easy. Just go to the Skype website and sign up. It shouldn't be too hard. Just ask Jeff to help you. They should be able to figure it out.
That's cool that Andy is in Africa. I hope he doesn't have too bad of a reaction to the malaria pills. Some people really have problems with it. I've been lucky. It sounds like you guys had a good sacrament meeting. I'm pretty jealous.
I will email grandma and grandpa today. I always say I'll do it then I forget. I'll remember to do it right after this. I got the package you sent to me with the Tums and toothbrushes and things. I really like those pro bars. The peanut butter and Jelly one is good and the Halo ones are delicious. I really like them. Whenever you send another one you should send in a bleach pen. Sometimes the tide one doesn't quite get some stains on my shirt.
So I'm glad you got my companions letter I'll tell him you got it. So he joined the church with his family when he was 8. So he's been a member for quite awhile. I believe he is like 23. He has been out like 8 months. Yes we email President Judd every Monday. We submit our numbers and email him about how we are doing.
So I'm being transferred to La probably. I'm really scared because I'm being promoted to senior companion. The Zone Leaders were really surprised they hadn't heard of anyone being promoted to senior companion so early. I was only junior companion for one transfer after my training. So yeah I have a feeling I will really be struggling these next couple weeks. But my companion I think is going to be Elder Hurley, and from what I've heard he's supposed to be pretty cool.
That was awfully mean to say you were going to bake some cinnamon rolls. I'm really craving some right now.
That book sounds pretty good. I hope you enjoy it. So, as far as books, anything, I will read anything. I wish I could have Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit. Sometimes it's nice on Mondays to unwind a bit and read something different. But anything you can find will be cool.

I don't get many letters at all.  I think I get more packages than I do letters. I haven't gotten any really besides the one from Grandma and Grandpa Welling during this past transfer. I would always like letters. I'm just not all that good at writing back is all.
Basketball was fun we played a lot of games. Most of the missionaries we played with are terrible so I actually scored quite a bit. It was pretty fun. Now that I'm being transferred I probably won't play for quite awhile now. But oh well. It will be good. I love and miss you so much! I hope you are doing good and got over being sick.

Love,
Elder Smith

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy reading Elder Smith's letters.--The Piiparinen

    ReplyDelete