Dear Family,
How is everyone doing again this week? It has been quite the long week here for some reason. It was a really good one but it seemed to drag on and on. Well basketball was really fun. Elder Ahajie fed us some yummy rice and we even got some ice cream. It was a lot of fun to hang out with some of the missionaries here in our zone. We are lucky to have Elder Ahajie in our area to take good care of us. Well Tuesday was much like any other day except we received an unexpected call from President Judd. Elder Akak was really afraid to train but pretty much everyone here in our district saw it coming. President told him he would be training here in West Adenta and then he talked to me and told me that I would be transferred to Cantonments. I'm not entirely sure exactly because the next day he called the senior companion in Cantoments and told him he would be training there in Cantonments. So I'm about 90% sure that I'm going to the other area in that district which is La. So, I'm pretty much excited for either one. Cantonments is the area the temple and mission home is in, and it has a ShopRite. I'm pretty excited about that. I hear they actually sell like Tyson boneless chicken breasts. If that is true I will make some ridiculously good chicken alfredo. La is the area next to Cantonments and it is on the ocean. So yeah, I'll get to actually see the ocean. The rest of the week was pretty slow. Nothing to exciting happened. I was pretty happy to know I was leaving, but again saying good bye to people is really hard. I told the Bishop I was being transferred so he asked me to bear my testimony one last time on Sunday. It was really nice the temple President and his wife were there. His wife's 2 brothers and their wives were visiting them and they all came and greeted me afterward and asked where I was from and told me how much they enjoyed my testimony it was really good. It is so strange to see white people at church, but it was great. In my testimony I talked a lot about reactivating less actives. We had been teaching the one girl who is less active probably around my age. We had been working with her forever and she wouldn't come to church but this last Sunday she was there and I was so happy. I just hope that girl keeps staying active. She originally didn't like me at all but she said she would make me a scrapbook so... I think she doesn't hate me anymore. I was pretty excited about that. Well this coming week is going to be interesting. We have 12 new missionaries coming on Tuesday but President also informed us that there are 19 missionaries that are supposed to be going to Nigeria but because of the problems they may be put here. He doesn't know yet for sure but that will be crazy. That would be 29 new missionaries this transfer and another 22 next transfer. That's a ton of missionaries. Well we'll see what happens. Well the people here are really impressive to me. Everyone is consistently getting sick. It's really hard for everyone. Whenever we ask investigators if they have any questions about every time they will ask why God allows sickness. It's so hard to help them to understand that It is part of the human experience. It helps to make us stronger. The people here are really pushed to their limits but I can see their benefits. The people here are truly blessed especially when you look around at the countries surrounding it. Liberia just went through civil war; Ivory Coast just went through a civil war and it looks like Nigeria is on the brink of civil war. Yet the people here are more peaceful and friendly than I can believe. The people her in Ghana are some of the most blessed, here in Africa and even around the world.
Love,
Elder Smith
How is everyone doing again this week? It has been quite the long week here for some reason. It was a really good one but it seemed to drag on and on. Well basketball was really fun. Elder Ahajie fed us some yummy rice and we even got some ice cream. It was a lot of fun to hang out with some of the missionaries here in our zone. We are lucky to have Elder Ahajie in our area to take good care of us. Well Tuesday was much like any other day except we received an unexpected call from President Judd. Elder Akak was really afraid to train but pretty much everyone here in our district saw it coming. President told him he would be training here in West Adenta and then he talked to me and told me that I would be transferred to Cantonments. I'm not entirely sure exactly because the next day he called the senior companion in Cantoments and told him he would be training there in Cantonments. So I'm about 90% sure that I'm going to the other area in that district which is La. So, I'm pretty much excited for either one. Cantonments is the area the temple and mission home is in, and it has a ShopRite. I'm pretty excited about that. I hear they actually sell like Tyson boneless chicken breasts. If that is true I will make some ridiculously good chicken alfredo. La is the area next to Cantonments and it is on the ocean. So yeah, I'll get to actually see the ocean. The rest of the week was pretty slow. Nothing to exciting happened. I was pretty happy to know I was leaving, but again saying good bye to people is really hard. I told the Bishop I was being transferred so he asked me to bear my testimony one last time on Sunday. It was really nice the temple President and his wife were there. His wife's 2 brothers and their wives were visiting them and they all came and greeted me afterward and asked where I was from and told me how much they enjoyed my testimony it was really good. It is so strange to see white people at church, but it was great. In my testimony I talked a lot about reactivating less actives. We had been teaching the one girl who is less active probably around my age. We had been working with her forever and she wouldn't come to church but this last Sunday she was there and I was so happy. I just hope that girl keeps staying active. She originally didn't like me at all but she said she would make me a scrapbook so... I think she doesn't hate me anymore. I was pretty excited about that. Well this coming week is going to be interesting. We have 12 new missionaries coming on Tuesday but President also informed us that there are 19 missionaries that are supposed to be going to Nigeria but because of the problems they may be put here. He doesn't know yet for sure but that will be crazy. That would be 29 new missionaries this transfer and another 22 next transfer. That's a ton of missionaries. Well we'll see what happens. Well the people here are really impressive to me. Everyone is consistently getting sick. It's really hard for everyone. Whenever we ask investigators if they have any questions about every time they will ask why God allows sickness. It's so hard to help them to understand that It is part of the human experience. It helps to make us stronger. The people here are really pushed to their limits but I can see their benefits. The people here are truly blessed especially when you look around at the countries surrounding it. Liberia just went through civil war; Ivory Coast just went through a civil war and it looks like Nigeria is on the brink of civil war. Yet the people here are more peaceful and friendly than I can believe. The people her in Ghana are some of the most blessed, here in Africa and even around the world.
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment